Is Michael Bisping Being Protected by UFC?

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Sometimes they protect some fighters. That’s just reality,” No. 4 ranked Gegard Mousasi told MMAWeekly.com.

“The Dan Henderson fight – He got lucky a couple of times with the decision,” added Mousasi. “The Anderson Silva fight could have gone to Anderson. He fought Thales Leites in England. It could have gone to Thales Leites. Dan Henderson was a close fight. It could have gone to Dan, but he got the edge because he was fighting in the U.K. He’s a lucky guy, or they love him.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/michael-bisping-being-protected-ufc-181412759--mma.html

Well it's an apparent issue that needs taken care of. Champions should never be able to pick their opponents.

It should be in the contract that if you are champ, you have to face someone in the Top 5 of your division, within 6 months of winning the belt.

I don't see how the Hendo fight could be perceived as protecting Bisping.

Yes he was ranked 13th and the fight was bs but Dan is dangerous and if they were protecting Mike, that's a big fucking gamble, bc they could have got a 46 year old retiring fighter as champ with just one well placed punch.

I think it's the opposite , UFC is being protected by Mike.

Michael Bisping has simply made monsters look human again in the post USADA era. Everyone else can hate, but this man is the cleanweight world champion.

Yes he was ranked 13th and the fight was bs but Dan is dangerous and if they were protecting Mike, that's a big fucking gamble, bc they could have got a 46 year old retiring fighter as champ with just one well placed punch.

Until the fight took place it's seemed like an easy win for Mike against a geriatric.

The Hendo fight was purely about marketing. And it's a great angle - "Dude got nearly murdered by this other guy some years back, now dude is champion and looking for vengence!"

As far as Henderson potentially becoming champion, that wouldn't hurt the UFC. He's wildly popular and they don't really give a shit if he retired with or without the title.

People will come in here and say the UFC is doing it for the money and thus not a form of protection but it essentially is. If the guy is fighting Hendo and GSP that means he isn't defending his belt against other well established competitors in his division. Granted both Hendo and GSP may be a threat to him but to say they had/have a better chance to beat him vs the other top MW is absurd.

Gifted title defenses/shots will never be as respected as someone who worked for one. Micheal Bisping is being protected.

Last edited:
Yeah they are showing him complete favouritism right now and it's pretty shitty. A slap in the face to all the top competition.

they gave him the only person he had a chance of beating

Its not a new thing. Bisping has been protected his entire UFC career.

defending against a 46 year old geriatric and a WW coming off a three year lay-off?

Nope, nothing to see here folks, go on home now.

Back