Michael Bisping: ‘I’m not willing to wait a year for Georges St-Pierre’

NinjaSpider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"“Long story short, it looks like GSP is trying to push for a later date. I heard rumors of that a while ago from Ariel Helwani. I heard that they wanted September/October and that’s what the UFC told me as well. But I’m just throwing it out there right now, if he wants to wait until September or October, then he can go find himself another opponent, buddy. Because I call the shots. Without sounding like an a**hole, it’s my belt. I’m the champion and I’m not willing to sit around until September or October."

Source

- March 28. 2017

EDIT : i know this is a month old. The point is to show Bispings attitude on the matter a month ago versus now , source

Last edited:
A month old article?

I think it's pretty much a done deal at this point. Especially with Bisping talking about it today and yesterday. I think he's willing to wait for GSP for that payday.

The projected payday will most likely change his mind.

A month old article?

I think it's pretty much a done deal at this point. Especially with Bisping talking about it today and yesterday. I think he's willing to wait for GSP for that payday.

Its a month old but thats the point. It shows how Bisping specifically said he wouldnt do what he is now doing

Can't wait until Bisping loses once he feels da riddum

Bisping won't do shit until Romero books another fight. Once that duck is safely in the bag, then maybe he'll try to squeak in a fight with Whittaker before the GSP fight. But as long as Romero is just waiting around Bisping won't risk his payday with GSP.

gsp called his bluff, this article is one month old you goofs

cant outsmart Canadians

Its a month old but thats the point. It shows how Bisping specifically said he wouldnt do what he is now doing

Yes he lied. I thought it was obvious he was lying. He was trying to force GSP into the fight early to give him very little time to properly prepare.

Look what Hendo just did to him, dude ain't fighting Yoel. He will wait until to 2018 for GSP.

I don't think Bisping will fight anyone until he fights GSP. Which sucks. He would lose to the top 7 or so of the division.

Lol this is old news. And yes you better believe Bisping is going to wait until September/October to fight GSP what's an extra 2-3 months anyways?

Yes he lied. I thought it was obvious he was lying. He was trying to force GSP into the fight early to give him very little time to properly prepare.
Very little time to properly prepare? GSP re-signed with the UFC in February; that would give him 5 months before a July card. And GSP has been angling to fight Bisping since June 2016. How exactly would a July 2017 fight be "early?"

FOR FUCKS SAKE , enough precious time has been wasted-- let Georges fight someone in his storied weight class..
Bisping vs Romero ....sign Mousasi and have him fight Rockhold. Let Chris have a go at Whitaker---all on same EPIC card..
Big summer card...lets do this

Just watched bispings podcast and he said he is gonna wait for GSP. Hes also injured and has his knee healing.

I was happy for Bisping repping the older generation when he won the belt, but I've since lost all respect for him with his complete lack of interest in defending the belt against the real #1 contender. He already had a sideshow match

Hopefully Teh Count follows thru with this and finally fights a gawt-dayum CONTENDER for a change.

Love Bisping, but MAN I'm getting sick of mo-foz holding up divisions for 'money fights.'

I was happy for Bisping repping the older generation when he won the belt, but I've since lost all respect for him with his complete lack of interest in defending the belt against the real #1 contender. He already had a sideshow match
So was he supposed to turn GSP down?

Bisping won't do shit until Romero books another fight. Once that duck is safely in the bag, then maybe he'll try to squeak in a fight with Whittaker before the GSP fight. But as long as Romero is just waiting around Bisping won't risk his payday with GSP.

Not a fucking chance Bisping fights anyone but GSP now. After Bisping watched Whittaker thrash Jacare, he's just become another MW contender to duck.

Pretty long list of MW's developing Bisping will be going out of his way to avoid.

Back