Prime Sean Sherk vs Khabib Nurmagomedov at Lightweight 155lbs

LNwolf87

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=20&y=11&w=240&h=320&ro=0&s=9BF16310-1D09-6BFC-E59CEA499074A7DE.jpg

VS

Khabib_Nurmagomedov.jpg

Who do you think would win in this match up? Do you think Khabib would of dominated the Muscle Shark with his immense grappling game? In case ya'll forgot who Sean Sherk was, watch his highlight.

Last edited:
Khabib is the GOAT.

Khabib beats every LW fighter in history more times than not.

Sherk via decision.
Sherk held his own wrestling with Matt motherfucking Hughes at 170, and outboxed Nick Diaz at 170 too.
Dafuq is Tiramisu gonna do?

How do you think the GOAT matches up with the Muscle Shark???
just edited my posted. I don't think there has ever been a LW that could beat Khabib more times than not. His wrestling is exceptional. Better than Sherk. So I pick Khabib

I believe that Khabib would have a really difficult time taking Sherk down, and if he did he would have a harder time keeping him there.

Sherk via decision.
Sherk held his own wrestling with Matt motherfucking Hughes at 170, and outboxed Nick Diaz at 170 too.

im sure he wasnt on any special vitamins...

Khabib is a big LW that would destroy him worst than GSP did.

Sherk via decision.
That was back in the day when Nick was just a mid level type fighter. Before he went to Strikeforce, fought a bunch of nobodies and magically became an elite fighter.

Khabib would manhandle Sherk. The size difference then and now is just so massive, Matt Hughes demolished Sherk and he wasn't as big or as an accomplished MMA wrestler than Khabib. They both have amazing cardio but Khabib has technique that translates well to mma, the only edge I'd give Sherk is hands but he never had much power plus Sherk is like 5'5 and was a natural 145er while Khabib is 5'10ish a massive 155er who could easily fight at WW. No contest. If you knew who Sherk was and followed his career you'd know that. Also really? That's like the worst highlight video of Sherk it completely took the video from the better version and added that sappy Creed shit.

Last edited:
That was back in the day when Nick was just a mid level type fighter. Before he went to Strikeforce, fought a bunch of nobodies and magically became an elite fighter.
It was also before prime LW Muscle Shark was born.
It took an L from GSP for him to realize that he either needed to magically grow 6-8 inches in height and reach or find another division.

Khabib would be destroyed with the quickness if he was fighting at 170.

It was also before prime LW Muscle Shark was born.
It took an L from GSP for him to realize that he either needed to magically grow 6-8 inches in height and reach or find another division.

Khabib would be destroyed with the quickness if he was fighting at 170.

Khabib is a huge LW. Bigger than GSP, even GSP said so.

Khabib walks around 197lbs before his training camps, 10lbs more than GSP who said he is around 188lbs.

Whats with all the Sherk threads today? The guy has been retired forever... Not to mention he was small at Lightweight... He had a great record for his day and only lost to top guys but lets face it, he got dinged for steroids and at 5'6" would get mauled by most of the top lightweights of today.

Now if he moved down to 145 light Edgar did, he would likely be top 5.

Whats with all the Sherk threads today? The guy has been retired forever... Not to mention he was small at Lightweight... He had a great record for his day and only lost to top guys but lets face it, he got dinged for steroids and at 5'6" would get mauled by most of the top lightweights of today.

If I remember correctly he did move down to 145lb and went 1-1. He was never the same once the sport start regular steroid screenings, shit I remember it was a meme back in the mmanews.com forums of how he looked pre and post roids.

Khabib would manhandle Sherk. The size difference then and now is just so massive, Matt Hughes demolished Sherk and he wasn't as big or as an accomplished MMA wrestler than Khabib. They both have amazing cardio but Khabib has technique that translates well to mma, the only edge I'd give Sherk is hands but he never had much power plus Sherk is like 5'5 and was a natural 135er while Khabib is 5'10ish a massive 155er who could easily fight at WW. No contest. If you knew who Sherk was and followed his career you'd know that. Also really? That's like the worst highlight video of Sherk it completely took the video from the better version and added that sappy Creed shit.

Matt Hughes demolished Sherk...

Demolished... hmm...
Won two rounds against Hughes (First two rounds he ever lost in the UFC).
First and only fighter to ever go 25 minutes with Hughes.
Almost submitted one of the Top 5 WWs of all time, in his prime, despite being a natural BW, check.
Yup, seems legit. Dude got demolished.

I seen a thread with him vs tyron Woodley which made no sense, so I made one that did.

I believe that Khabib would have a really difficult time taking Sherk down, and if he did he would have a harder time keeping him there.
And if he didn't get him down, he would get outclassed on the feet.

Back