The overlooked cheater: The Blood Doper

BucktoothBeauty

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
A lot of UFC fighters cheat, and cheat a lot. They are lying little shits about it but tough luck welcome to the real world. This is 3rd grade level of explanation, but it communicates the point.

Now obviously there are your run of the mill steroid takers and they get caught on a fairly regular basis. But has anyone EVER been caught for blood doping? You ever watch a fighter just sit in third or fourth gear for 5 full rounds with barely any drop in output or power? Especially BIG fighters (Cain, DC, JJ) How about late career resurgences where they were known for gassing hard in the first round but suddenly are 5 round champs overnight (Hendricks, Lawler, Woodley). What about fighters that completely just grind out their opponents with wrestling and strikes and barely let up to recover despite bouncing around non stop (Cruz, DJ, TJ)

Everyone is OBSESSED with anabolic steroid or drugs that grow muscle, why overlook output?

I always said Lawlers resurgence was a little sketch. Maybe your on to somethin there op

There was a topic on here a while back where someone had blood values from USADA testing, and Lawler's where god damn sketchy, but no real proof for any form of doping.

I think Sonnen was caught on EPO his final test, right?

By having uber athletic parents fuck and have a baby is cheating. Giving that future athlete an unfair advantage genetically.

In other words who fucking cares what anyone does as there is no natural balance to anything. There is LEGAL shit that gives people advantages.

I thought blood doping was something different.

I thought it was:

- take a pint of blood out of your body, the same way blood banks do.
- place it in the freezer for a couple of weeks while your body naturally "refills" it's blood levels.
- inject the stored blood back into your body so that you are now competing with 10 pints, rather than 9.
- your blood can now carry more oxygen

There was a topic on here a while back where someone had blood values from USADA testing, and Lawler's where god damn sketchy, but no real proof for any form of doping.

This is over looked a lot, Lawler had some of the most sketch tests I've ever seen, I'll have to try and find them again.

Dim's the resident expert on drug testing but fwiw here's my limited understanding.

The biological passport is an ongoing data collection (blood and sometimes urine) that is used to determine if there are any anomolies. It's possible to micro dose, or just be fortunate with cycling and testing schedule, that test come back without any banned substance. However, the passport is designed to track different levels and indicators so that even without finding a banned substance, they can catch you using.

Since Biological Passports are pretty new (started in the UFC with USADA, and likely still don't have enough historic data to catch people yet). I think that the Olympic testing started athlete passports with the Rio games? So I'm not sure if there was anyone caught by the passport data since my understanding is you need a fair amount of data points to be able to detect cheating (for instance, probably need 5+ tests over a period of 18+ months)
Biological Passports have been used in professional cycling since 2009, and have resulted in several sanctions/bans. Not sure when they were implemented in the UFC, but with a little time to establish a baseline, they can be effective. But even in the short term, new blood cell production, or lack thereof due to re-infusing blood, can be detected with the Biological Passport. But, that was found over the course of a 3 week stage race...Tour De France, where testing probably happens more often.

This is over looked a lot, Lawler had some of the most sketch tests I've ever seen, I'll have to try and find them again.
Please do.. I remember Vitor Belforts TRT tests...............holy shit his test was high....

"Blood doping is the practice of boosting the number of red blood cells in the bloodstream in order to enhance athletic performance. Because such blood cells carry oxygen from the lungs to the muscles, a higher concentration in the blood can improve an athlete's aerobic capacity (VO2 max) and endurance."

After reading this, i think they should allow it

The results of these tests do have an abnormal result: in a test on sample taken on June 5th, Lawler’s Luteinizing Hormone (LH) results came back at 64.2 mlU/mL. WADA guidelineslabel any result over 20.0 mlU/mL a presumptive adverse analytical finding which requires further testing. There is a caveat regarding the specific gravity of the urine involved, but it’s not applicable to Lawler’s results.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/2...ts-rory-peds-lh-testosterone-steroids-ufc-189

Never knew about this until now Robbie did indeed have suspicious test results.

Hey TS, have you heard of Bilogical Passports? USADA is doing it on all fighters and it's a way to catch blood doping (@dimspace could tell you how effective it is at catching people).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20020371
Pretty much useless if they microdose. In the past, they were able to detect bits of the plastic tubing, but the materials have changed and the chances of catching anyone doing it properly are 0.

Obviously error plays a part and that figure will be higher with cyclists, but they need to do it far more and are tested far more.

Your average UFC fighter gets randomly tested 1-2x per year and that's easily controlled aswell.

You're allowed to not be present at your registered address 3x before it's formally announced by testing agencies.

Twice and you're not breaking any rule. It also resets each year.

Blood doping is an odd one cause it's just your own blood being stored and then put back in you. Don't think it should be illegal.

Yes, and he sort of tried to play it of as required for PCT due to having his TRT TUE pulled. They test blood levels, but it's harder to test for than some other things. The allowed ranges are large to avoid false positives, but the side effect of that is you can get away with it if you're careful and don't go crazy.

Blood doping is an odd one cause it's just your own blood being stored and then put back in you. Don't think it should be illegal.

This would make a fun addition to the tale of the tape. "Jon Jones is 6 foot 4 with a 14 inch reach advantage and a 7 pint blood advantage"

Back