Diaz vs Silva lol

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

I know this fight has been talked about a million times already but I just want to set the record straight...

As a die hard Diaz Bros. fan I must admittedly say that Nick for the first time in his life looked scared in a fight. This fight is easily one of the worst fights i recall seeing in recent memory. I will say though to Nick's credit, whether it was out of fear or not, his strategy to not overly engage Silva ensured he wouldnt get finished. Silva is a one trick pony in the since that he relies so much on counterstriking that he tends to do worse if he has to engage his opponent (bar Stephen Bonnar...but its Bonnar).

Ultimately I made this thread because I just rewatched highlights of the fight and it was just so bad that I couldnt not talk about it...also just to clarify that not all Diaz fans are delusional, he was totally scared of Silva rightfully so a WW fighting someone who has fought at LHW is scary stuff.

I must admittedly say that Nick for the first time in his life looked scared in a fight.

Oh yeah, he looks terrified

253C611F00000578-2934942-image-a-24_1422772069847.jpg

Get some glasses bro

I know this fight has been talked about a million times already but I just want to set the record straight...

As a die hard Diaz Bros. fan I must admittedly say that Nick for the first time in his life looked scared in a fight. This fight is easily one of the worst fights i recall seeing in recent memory. I will say though to Nick's credit, whether it was out of fear or not, his strategy to not overly engage Silva ensured he wouldnt get finished. Silva is a one trick pony in the since that he relies so much on counterstriking that he tends to do worse if he has to engage his opponent (bar Stephen Bonnar...but its Bonnar).

Ultimately I made this thread because I just rewatched highlights of the fight and it was just so bad that I couldnt not talk about it...also just to clarify that not all Diaz fans are delusional, he was totally scared of Silva rightfully so a WW fighting someone who has fought at LHW is scary stuff.

He only started to rely on counter striking when his reflexes started to go with age.

Watch his cage rage fights and early UFC fights. He lead a lot.

His speed and activity level around the Lee Murray fight was about double his activity in the Bisping fight.

Nick Diaz fights cautiously and attacks on his own terms.

Your credibility is lost with the Silva being a one trick pony comment. And Diaz wasn't scared, he was cautious. Anyone would be against Silva's counter striking abilities.

Your credibility is lost with the Silva being a one trick pony comment. And Diaz wasn't scared, he was cautious. Anyone would be against Silva's counter striking abilities.
I wasnt saying hes a one trick pony in general just that he relies heavy on counterstrikes in his standup.

also i have seen every single Nick Diaz fight, he was cautious and scared, he has never taunted THAT much in a fight and refused to engage. I know my fighter.

Imagine if this was during Silva's reign. Would have been an interesting fight.

Silva used to fight quite aggressively too.

Your credibility is lost with the Silva being a one trick pony comment.

Or how about when he basically said 'of course Anderson finished Bonnar, it's Bonnar', even though that was the first & only time Stephan Bonnar has ever been legitimately finished in his entire career.

also i have seen every single Nick Diaz fight, he was cautious and scared, he has never taunted THAT much in a fight and refused to engage. I know my fighter.
He taunted that much because he doesn't give a fuck anymore. Apparently you don't know him that well because I thought this was common knowledge.

So its good gameplanning for everyone else but when Nick trys to make Anderson lead he is scared?
By this logic Condit was scared of Diaz?
No Condit wasn't scared and Nick wasn't scared either.

[
Or how about when he basically said 'of course Anderson finished Bonnar, it's Bonnar', even though that was the first & only time Stephan Bonnar has ever been legitimately finished in his entire career.

Or the fact that Bonnar was admittedly juiced to the gills and looked like a bodybuilder, which he's never looked ever in his career? Silva played with him. Love him or hate him, old or young, Anderson Silva is brilliant, and that's why Diaz was cautious.

Scared?.....so he puts his back to the cage ,
shows him his ass
and gets on the ground while resting a had on on his head to entice him.....no i think he was doing a silva impression

Back