The List: Who is the greatest UFC heavyweight champion of all time?

I'd say Cain. He's injured a lot but his path of destruction and his absolute mauling of others fighters isn't matched.
472eaa39751751a4997c459ccc3d5aa1.jpg

Who does that shit? Cain Velasquez, that's who!

Just using the UFC resume I would say it has to be Randy Couture.

But adding whole career it has to be Werdum, he has wins over Fedor, Overeem, and Bigfoot outside of the UFC

Between Doom & Cain.

I'll give it to Cain because he defended despite my Doom fandom.

The UFC doesn't have a Greatest Heavyweight Champion of alltime.

Tough question. Just on UFC accomplishments I'd probably have to say Cain.

Big Tim still owns the record for title defenses

Cain is probably the right answer, even if injury ruined him.

Can't go with Tim just because of his reign... he's simply not a great fighter. He got mauled by Randy, and fucking murdered by Fedor.

Stipe might become the right answer if he can keep that belt for a few defenses.

I'd favor the Cain that showed up in JDS 2 and 3 over any HW in history, but in terms of sheer resume I think it actually goes to JDS.

The problem with this query is one must first define "greatness," but based purely on fighting ability, prime versus prime, it's got to be Cain. With Werdum, and Miocic contenders. JDS is also up there, but the absolute mailings he took from Cain put him off the list and Cain on top. Bas was also "great" but from a different era, and mostly great outside the UFC.

If Stipe can beat JDS next he starts to enter the picture. I'd like to see him beat Cain too. That would be a great run at Heavyweight

The one with more than 2 defenses.

Cain and Sylvia are the greatest UFC HW champs
Werdum is the greatest HW to hold the UFC belt.

Tim Sylvia conveniently left off the list?

I love how the UFC try and erase him from the history books but he is arguably their greatest HW Champ :D

Back