Why does the UFC refuse to acknowledge other promotions?

USADA

UNDEFEATED, UNDISPUTED
Banned
Reaction score
I see it all the time. Commentators make such a big effort to NEVER mention another organisation or fighters outside of the UFC that it actually seems quite obvious.

The lengths they go to are extraordinary in this regard. Every other sport and mma org will mention other places freely but the UFC I'm sure tells all staff on air to only ever sniff their own shit.

Anyone else get annoyed by this? Only time they mention a company is if they bought it.

I don't think it's a big deal. Almost every single fighter came from someplace else.

It's a little different than say an NFL broadcast mentioning a player's college. Or CFL experience. NCAA is a feeder to the pros. And the CFL isn't in any direct competition with the NFL. They have agreements between them. And many players go from one league to the other.

Whereas say Bellator, is a direct rival. Opposed to Invicta, which is more a feeder to the UFC. I think they still have that agreement.

I guess the UFC don't want casual Joe to know there are other places to watch mma...FOR FREE. Yet, FightPass shows so much other content for 10$/month.

Just doesn't matter to me.

It's not because I ignore you that I refuse to acknowledge you. I just couldn't care less.

It's not because I ignore you that I refuse to acknowledge you. I just couldn't care less.
Except they make concerted efforts to. Often a commentator will say "was champ, in, uh, another organisation ".

It's all extremely petty.

I think that's one thing we can all agree on.

The UFC is petty as fuck.

And they don't need to be.

If you can't see it and don't know it's name it doesn't exist
Right?

Except they make concerted efforts to. Often a commentator will say "was champ, in, uh, another organisation ". It's all extremely petty. I think that's one thing we can all agree on. The UFC is petty as fuck. And they don't need to be.
Do you create different paragraphs for each one-liner? Stop it. If you're wise enough to understand what you wrote, then you have your answer: UFC will not mention names without payment. I'm sure UFC would be happy to mention Bellator on the broadcast if uncle Coker cut a big fat check to Ari and friends.

Apart from that, no free ad on the broadcast.

lol recently when Brian Stann mentioned Rory Macdonald live on Fox I thought they were gonna behead him.

Do you create different paragraphs for each one-liner? Stop it. If you're wise enough to understand what you wrote, then you have your answer: UFC will not mention names without payment. I'm sure UFC would be happy to mention Bellator on the broadcast if uncle Coker cut a big fat check to Ari and friends.

Apart from that, no free ad on the broadcast.
Are you ocd?

It's got nothing to do with payment. They're trying to make mma = ufc. "Stop it" - fuck off.

Private companies brah.

Since mma is run like a private company, every organization considers others like competition so they won't acknowledge whatever they did outside. so in that sense UFC won't even mention if Benson Henderson wins the belt in Bellator and Bellator won't mention (as far as i know) in which company Benson won the LW title.

I've noticed too, and it's really silly. I believe they are however allowed to reference organizations that the UFC bought and destroyed, WEC, Strikeforce and Pride.

Private companies brah.

Since mma is run like a private company, every organization considers others like competition so they won't acknowledge whatever they did outside. so in that sense UFC won't even mention if Benson Henderson wins the belt in Bellator and Bellator won't mention (as far as i know) in which company Benson won the LW title.
Bellator, Rizin, and Glory often mention ufc, and often talk about fighters they haven't even signed.

Back