The only interesting part in Woodley/Wonderboy 2

Man if that guy would just be a pressure fighter he'd fuck everybody up

That's kind of like saying "if only he was better, he would be better".
It's more like saying "If only x fighter didn't have y weakness, he'd be better". Which is basically what anyone does anything they talk about a fighter.

If Wonderboy didn't get dropped he would have won the fight.

more significant than anything wonderboy did throughout the entire fight

It's more like saying "If only x fighter didn't have y weakness, he'd be better". Which is basically what anyone does anything they talk about a fighter.
Yeah. Woodley doesn't need to be "better" to put on more pressure.

He just need to put on more pressure lol. Stop being so godamn hesitant.

I agree with your post.

Man if that guy would just be a pressure fighter he'd fuck everybody up

If he was putting on pressure the holes in his striking game would open up and he'd be getting hit a lot. His whole strategy with that fight was to never exchange so he could back up and wait on the counter overhand the entire time.

How so..?
I think Woodley gets in his own head too much inside and outside of fights. He's obviously a killer fighter and he's funny and a nice dude but in my opinion he gets in his own way of all that sometimes.

Maybe not mentally WEAK, but mental issues.

If he was putting on pressure the holes in his striking game would open up and he'd be getting hit a lot. His whole strategy with that fight was to never exchange so he could back up and wait on the counter overhand the entire time.
You can have that opinion, I disagree. Literally every time Woodley decides to move forward in a fight he wins exchanges, when he backs up he concedes rounds and points. Every time he presses the action he wins exchanges, he's a better defensive boxer than people realize, he has a jab he never used it, he has leg kicks he never uses and he can force a clinch when guys try to overwhelm him. He moves back and looks for the KO because when he didn't have a headcoach to gameplan with him he convinced himself that was the best way to fight. It conserves energy, and it allows him to look for the homerun. Is normal, I don't even think he has the cardio to pressure for an entire fight. Just wish he would try. Three out of five rounds would be enough to beat every WW not named GSP. Two out of five was enough to not lose to Wonderboy twice.

People mentioning fear, I doubt it's the case. I rarely see him get hit clean, even when he's moving forward. I do think he's not confident enough in his cardio to do it, and I do think it's a mental thing. But I doubt it's fear of getting hit.

both of em deserve the L, imo.

You can have that opinion, I disagree. Literally every time Woodley decides to move forward in a fight he wins exchanges, when he backs up he concedes rounds and points. Every time he presses the action he wins exchanges, he's a better defensive boxer than people realize, he has a jab he never used it, he has leg kicks he never uses and he can force a clinch when guys try to overwhelm him. He moves back and looks for the KO because when he didn't have a headcoach to gameplan with him he convinced himself that was the best way to fight. It conserves energy, and it allows him to look for the homerun. Is normal, I don't even think he has the cardio to pressure for an entire fight. Just wish he would try.

Oh I still think he'd be a better fighter if he actually pushed forward in fights, and it would definitely give him a better chance to put people on their backs(where he has pretty nice GnP). I just think with how used he is to backing up with no exchanges, and reserving all his offense for counter situations, he would have issues if he went forward aggressively against quality strikers. And you're right the cardio would be a big issue too because he is huge for 170.

If Wonderboy didn't get dropped he would have won the fight.

If he didn't nearly lose, he would've won? Sounds about right.

Last edited:
Back