Has Anything Positive Come Out of the UFC Sale?

Frank Edgar

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So far, the negatives I've seen is a lot of disgruntled employees, bafflingly bad matchmaking, an unnecessary amount of interim title belts, and highly ranked fighters being released.

Has the UFC actually improved in any way now that WME-IMG owns it? I mean besides the Fertittas now being able to afford a fleet of yachts. I can't personally think of anything.

Mike Goldberg getting shitcanned. I've wanted that for years.

<Goldie11>

They introduced the world to the GOAT Mike Perry.

No I can't think of a single thing. I think the sale has been massively detrimental to the UFC in the eyes of a lot of hardcore fans for exactly the reason you've cited.

I 100% agree with your comments

Haven't the fight cards been better?

No, can't think of a single positive.

Unless, the new owner made Dana sit back down with GSP. And get something worked out. But, others will see that as a negative. But, screw those ppl.

giphy.gif

As long as the fights are good i couldnt care less what happens outside of the cage, pre and post fight

Some rich people got richer. Can't see any improvements in the sport but hopefully in time it might change, they have to get their shit together though.

Weidman trying to get his opponent DQ'd but ended up getting a TKO loss instead.

Why were you expecting changes in the first place? lol

No, can't think of a single positive.

Unless, the new owner made Dana sit back down with GSP. And get something worked out. But, others will see that as a negative. But, screw those ppl.

Love GSP being back in the octagon, but I totally understand how people are uncomfortable with him fast tracking to a 185 title shot when he's never fought at that weight class and had a lot of time off, not to mention credible deserving contenders having to wait in the side lines because they've been overlooked in favour of the money fight.

Everything has stayed the same.

I really don't think it has my friend. I think a lot of the divisions are facing a grim future unless something changes pretty soon... most notably FW and LHW.

The piece of celebrities get free tickets to the UFC.

Ari gets to use UFC tickets to get laid.

Mike Goldberg getting shitcanned. I've wanted that for years.

<Goldie11>
You're not allowed to say that now. Not after that last event with that atrocious guy they got. I thought I was watching some small time promotion.

Last edited:
Yes, Bellator's gotten much better and UFC will eventually die.

I really don't think it has my friend. I think a lot of the divisions are facing a grim future unless something changes pretty soon... most notably FW and LHW.

Its not so much the divisions but more the production and feel.

The UFC "product" has aged and feels a bit bland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back