No one has defended the UFC HW Belt more than 3 times...

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Everysingle division has their GOAT which wwas dominant with multiple title defenses
FLW: Mighty Mouse(10)
BM: Cruz (5 title defenses, but couldve been more due to injuries, but he has won 7 title fights)
FW: Jose Aldo (7)
LW: Frankie edgar or BJ Penn (4)
WW: GSP (9)
MW: Silva (10, but technically 11)
LHW: Jones (8)

But when it comes to heavyweight, no onee has passed 3 title defenses, and 3 people are tied for the most title defenses. What does that say about the HW division, and who if anyone in todays roster has the best chance of holding the belt for a prolonged amount of time.

No.

Edit: Wait a minute, you answered your own question!

It means it's easy to get knocked out at heavyweight. Cain had the game to remain champ, just not the ability to stay injury free.

It's comin, buddeh.

_oTXd2xC.jpg

It says that Jon Jones hasn't moved up in weight yet.

It mean that hw is the most dangerous division.

Mma does not equal ufc
Especially not historically

It proves that Fedor is GOAT
I've always found it strange that he was only given three title defenses in his Pride career. Beat Big Nog to win it at Pride 25, then defended it against Big Nog at Shockwave 2004, then again against Cro Cop at Final Conflict 2005, and finally against Mark Hunt at Shockwave 2006. I know he couldn't defend during the tourney but otherwise, he was presented with a lot of non-title fights in Pride.

Big guys,hard punches,small mistakes="where am i???"

Nobody has defended the UFC Heayweight Title more than twice. Couture's 2nd title, Sylvia's 2nd title, Velasquez's 2nd title, Lesnar and Arlovski. That's it. None of them reached 3 title defencese

That's because Hw can knock you're ass out with one punch.

The crappiest HW in the ufc would ko the lighter divions easily. 170lb below lol

Everysingle division has their GOAT which wwas dominant with multiple title defenses
FLW: Mighty Mouse(10)
BM: Cruz (5 title defenses, but couldve been more due to injuries, but he has won 7 title fights)
FW: Jose Aldo (7)
LW: Frankie edgar or BJ Penn (4)
WW: GSP (9)
MW: Silva (10, but technically 11)
LHW: Jones (8)

But when it comes to heavyweight, no onee has passed 3 title defenses, and 3 people are tied for the most title defenses. What does that say about the HW division, and who if anyone in todays roster has the best chance of holding the belt for a prolonged amount of time.

Well I wouldn't say LW is for sure Penn or Edgar. Bendo is in the mix too. I don't really know who the LW UFC Goat is right now but other than that I agree with the rest. HW in the UFC to me is either Cain or JDS. Can't be Sylvia.

But when it comes to heavyweight, no onee has passed 3 title defenses, and 3 people are tied for the most title defenses. What does that say about the HW division

HWs have the most 1-punch, fight ender power. Avoiding getting tagged for a long streak is really difficult.
HWs have the most diverse body types and style matchups are even more impactful there than other divisions.

Back