Jones vs Cain

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
This was such a big fight back when both were champions. I was always under the impression that Cain would win. A lot has happened but now, taking the Cain from Ufc 200 and Jones from 197, who do you think wins? I know this has been done before but after all the fuck ups, I'd still love to see this fight. :p

I don't know what it looks like to see Jones beaten, convincingly. Closest we've seen was Gus, and he used boxing + reach. Cain would probably try to pressure Jones but get caught coming in, idk...

My money would be on Jones via dec.

I don't know what it looks like to see Jones beaten, convincingly. Closest we've seen was Gus, and he used boxing + reach. Cain would probably try to pressure Jones but get caught coming in, idk...

My money would be on Jones via dec.
Jones catching Cain coming in? Sorry dude but that won't be happening, extremely unlikely. Jones' lack of power and average boxing is the reason I think Cain wins. Cain will walk through his shots, put him against the cage and maul him.
Has Jones ever faced a powerful, pressure wrestler boxer like Cain?

Jones catching Cain coming in? Sorry dude but that won't be happening, extremely unlikely. Jones' lack of power and average boxing is the reason I think Cain wins. Cain will walk through his shots, put him against the cage and maul him.

Yes.

Cain's bff.

Cain all the way he's best HW in the world right now.

Cain does not have more power than DC. disagree.
Reasons? I understand that neither have one shot KO power but Cain's volume punches have more power than DC. He has hurt pretty much everyone he has fought against.

Hard fight for both of them but I think Cain gets him in the 4th round.

Cain is like DC but a bigger man (height, reach, size) and with a lot more cardio and pace.

I've always thought Jones would win this fight and maybe even finish Cain, though back in the day if you said this the entire forum would flame you into the living death.

I think Jones' long range kick strategy would be fairly effective against Cain, and Cain, would try to use his double leg take downs and leg kicks. Those leg kicks interest me, they'd be huge factor imo because more fighters who have been adept at leg kicking have also had a weakness to TD's, thus throwing those kicks is like asking to get taken down and elbowed into oblivion.

After seeing Jones vs. DC I think most people including Cain himself changed their opinion on the matter of Jones vs Cain to Jones can definitely beat Cain, because Jones began to dominate DC at the latter end of the fight.

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

There was a gif of Cain's reaction to Jones beating up on DC throughout the fight that really says it all. I think Jones is a better fighter then Cain himself thought thus the surprised reaction.

That being said, this is no EASY fight for Jones, but I think we should note DC has an iron chin whereas Cain's has been suspect, and if he gets hit with something like a spinning back elbow I think he doesn't take it as well as DC would have. If Cain fails to take Jones down and has to fight standing I think the long range fighting of Jones would eventually win out. Cain has to also be wary of those sneaky chokes by Jones because his neck will be open if he's shooting in for a power double.

I favor Jones here but of course it's Cain so not by a lot.

Reasons? I understand that neither have one shot KO power but Cain's volume punches have more power than DC. He has hurt pretty much everyone he has fought against.

What are your reasons Cain is more powerful?

I'd say they are very similar.

Ko power not the same as power. I am 100% positive that Cain is more powerful than DC regardless of who hits harder.

What are your reasons Cain is more powerful?

I'd say they are very similar.
Well, he's bigger than DC for once. Look at what he did to JDS, Lesnar, Bigfoot. Cain's volume punches are brutal and it shows. Also, Cain hurt JDS in the first round on their second fight and Junior has a granite chin.

Well, he's bigger than DC for once. Look at what he did to JDS, Lesnar, Bigfoot. Cain's volume punches are brutal and it shows. Also, Cain hurt JDS in the first round on their second fight and Junior has a granite chin.

I'd say power wise they are a wash.

Yeah the size difference would be less of an advantage for Jones at HW.

I wonder if Jones is ever moving up. Great possible matchups...

Jon Jones, in my opinion, beats anyone in the world right now. In any MMA organization.

Back