Is Jones waiting for JDS to become champ before moving up?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He'll basically get a free title shot at HW. He told Rogan that he was waiting for the right match-up. He must believe that he can overwhelm JDS the same way Cain did.

JDS is way too big and strong for Jones, JDS is the same height but walks around at like 250. I'm sure Junior has improved since then anyways

Stipe or JDS or perhaps Cain't.

Pick your fucking cause of death, I guess.

He'll basically get a free title shot at HW. He told Rogan that he was waiting for the right match-up. He must believe that he can overwhelm JDS the same way Cain did.

No.
He's waiting for his suspension to be over.

jonjonescrybaby_zpsfcd691de.gif

Yeah because Junior fucking Dos Santos is the soft underbelly of the HW division.

Jesus Christ, TS.

JDS destroys Jones. Bigger, better boxer with an iron chin and dynamite hands. While Cain did dominate JDS it was not as easy as people think, Cain shot for 33 fucking takedowns in the first fight and 13 in the second.

NO. JDS is one of the worst match ups for Jones. Jones style of TD's aren't the most effective on JDS, while Cain's double leg relentless TD style is a far worse match up for JDS. Also, JDS has great boxing skills with INTENSE power, while Jones boxing skills and defense in general is lacking. Cain also has better cardio than Jones which is great for the grinding style he used to beat JDS twice.

I think DC said it best:

"Who?"

Become an eligible fighter first, then we'll talk about who he can/should fight.

First, I don't think Jones has any intentions of fighting at HW. At this point, I imagine he's focuesed on getting the LHW title back and staying out of trouble. Second, if there is a "right match-up" for him at HW, it's Cain. We've all seen the troubles that Jones has against guys with similar height and length. Jones got boxed up against Gus and looked extremely ordinary against OSP, who isn't very good. Now imagine that against someone with the size and boxing of JDS. If anything, JDS and Stipe are the HWs that Jones would avoid.

Stipe would be a good matchup I would not wait for Junior... especially a Junior coming off a win over Stipe.

I think that would be a tough fight. Jds has got really good tdd. Just because Cain can take him down dosent mean it's not top notch. And his offensive firepower..

LOL at the idea of Jones ever fighting again.

Wtf JDS is way too big for Jones. Jones and Cain are nothing alike in size style techniques or anything else

Both JDS and Stipe have a great shot at KO'ing JJ if they eventually fight him. Cain vs. JJ would be fun, but if Cain is at Sea level then JJ will get the AKA GnP that Cormier dreams of giving him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back