Who do you side with re TJ / Alpha Male beef

VroomyJeeps

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who do you side with in the TJ vs Alpha Male beef?

At first I was siding more with Alpha Male. I listened to how they said TJ is a gym bully and fake etc and I bought it.

Then I heard Uriah talk about it on the mmahour and it changed my opinion. Uriah really sounded like a jealous schoolgirl talking about loyalty and how TJ is not his friend etc. I always thought Faber was a really chill level headed guy but he kind of showed his true colors there and came off really bad.

Then TJ came on and his version was much more honest sounding. He talked about how he was hurt that Alpha Male kicked him out and that he still considers the guys there friends etc.

He mentioned how other TAM members were allowed to cross train at different Gyms and that Uriah never had a problem with it until TJ did it.

TJ said that he was doing split camps between TAM and Bang and when he decided to do a full camp with Bang that Uriah basically said train here or you cant come back.

TJ then decided to go with Bang permenantly.

Uriah continued letting TAM fighters cross train with Bang/TJ but TJ wasnt allowed back.

To me this just seems like.... If TJ was really your friend you would let him do what he thinks is best for his career and support him, not trash him all over the media.

At the end of the day this is an individual sport and you have to do whats in your best interest. Loyalty really has no place in mma as far as training goes. If you can go get better training in another gym but decided not to because of loyalty you are doing yourself a disservice.

Beyond that TAM really seems to be initiating all the bad blood and TJ seems more like hes just defending himself and responding to it. He doesnt seem to be going out of his way to trash TAM the way they have against him.

They also lied about KOing TJ in training and said they would release the video, which they never did even after TJ called them out and told them to because it doesnt exist.

Now im watching TUF 25 and Cody is coming off as a bully, trying to intimidate TJ and starting shit. TJ doesnt back down but he really doesnt seem like the aggressor.

In closing TAM seems really butthurt and at this point im siding with TJ. He seems more level headed and I think Uriah just figured once a TAM member youre never allowed to leave and if you do we will all gang up on you type of deal. Thats the vibe I get from TAM.

what do you guys think?

Dillashaw's problem is that he thinks he isn't a snake. It was a snake move period.

But Faber literally acted like a psycho ex.

Both were weak.

Ecmpv8b.jpg

Dillashaw's problem is that he thinks he isn't a snake. It was a snake move period.

But Faber literally acted like a psycho ex.

Both were weak.

People change camps all the time how does that make him a snake?

Was GSP a snake for splitting time between greg jackson and Firas and Freddie Roach? No. Did any of the coaches get butthurt about it? No.

Was Robbie a snake for leaving his gym? Was the countless other fighters who left their gyms or bounce around, are they snakes?

So why is TJ a snake?

I think it's been blown out of proportion and there has been immaturity shown on both sides at this point. I'm not picking a side. I think TJ's a Snake but I think Team Alpha Guys are whiny little bitches too.

I don't give enough of a shit about lame, high-school-style drama to have followed this petty beef between manlets.

People change camps all the time how does that make him a snake?

Was GSP a snake for splitting time between greg jackson and Firas and Freddie Roach? No. Did any of the coaches get butthurt about it? No.

Was Robbie a snake for leaving his gym? Was the countless other fighters who left their gyms or bounce around, are they snakes?

So why is TJ a snake?

He could go with Ludwig and just say bye to Faber rather than wanting to spend his off seasons training with TAM. All the while only representing Bang.

That was the snake part. When he fully knew he had to choose one over the other, yet tried to snake his way across.

All your examples are not anything similar. Those guys didn't have to choose one or the other and the guys who left, left cleanly.

I think it's been blown out of proportion and there has been immaturity shown on both sides at this point. I'm not picking a side. I think TJ's a Snake but I think Team Alpha Guys are whiny little bitches too.

But do you and other people actually believe hes a snake or do you just parrot Conor because he said it?

Honest question because like I pointed out many fighters split gyms like GSP and other great fighters. Many fighters bounce around to different camps all the time, yet only TJ is a snake.

Really doesnt make sense especially since this is an individual sport.

Who do you side with in the TJ vs Alpha Male beef?

At first I was siding more with Alpha Male. I listened to how they said TJ is a gym bully and fake etc and I bought it.

Then I heard Uriah talk about it on the mmahour and it changed my opinion. Uriah really sounded like a jealous schoolgirl talking about loyalty and how TJ is not his friend etc. I always thought Faber was a really chill level headed guy but he kind of showed his true colors there and came off really bad.

Then TJ came on and his version was much more honest sounding. He talked about how he was hurt that Alpha Male kicked him out and that he still considers the guys there friends etc.

He mentioned how other TAM members were allowed to cross train at different Gyms and that Uriah never had a problem with it until TJ did it.

TJ said that he was doing split camps between TAM and Bang and when he decided to do a full camp with Bang that Uriah basically said train here or you cant come back.

TJ then decided to go with Bang permenantly.

Uriah continued letting TAM fighters cross train with Bang/TJ but TJ wasnt allowed back.

To me this just seems like.... If TJ was really your friend you would let him do what he thinks is best for his career and support him, not trash him all over the media.

At the end of the day this is an individual sport and you have to do whats in your best interest. Loyalty really has no place in mma as far as training goes. If you can go get better training in another gym but decided not to because of loyalty you are doing yourself a disservice.

Beyond that TAM really seems to be initiating all the bad blood and TJ seems more like hes just defending himself and responding to it. He doesnt seem to be going out of his way to trash TAM the way they have against him.

They also lied about KOing TJ in training and said they would release the video, which they never did even after TJ called them out and told them to because it doesnt exist.

Now im watching TUF 25 and Cody is coming off as a bully, trying to intimidate TJ and starting shit. TJ doesnt back down but he really doesnt seem like the aggressor.

In closing TAM seems really butthurt and at this point im siding with TJ. He seems more level headed and I think Uriah just figured once a TAM member youre never allowed to leave and if you do we will all gang up on you type of deal. Thats the vibe I get from TAM.

what do you guys think?

So, basically you flip flop and side with the last person that you watched in interview from.

not sure why they had such a huge problem with tj deciding to split camp/train with bang when they were the ones that brought him in as their striking coach to begin with.

He could go with Ludwig and just say bye to Faber rather than wanting to spend his off seasons training with TAM. All the while only representing Bang.

That was the snake part. When he fully knew he had to choose one over the other, yet tried to snake his way across.

All your examples are not anything similar. Those guys didn't have to choose one or the other and the guys who left, left cleanly.

But why did he have to chose one or another? Because Uriah got butthurt? What other reason is there? No other coaches that I know of tell fighters they cant train somewhere else or they can never come back. Thats sour grapes.

Did I miss something?

its telling that nobody besides cruz has ever had a problem with urijah or TAM despite being a huge presence in the sport for a decade

i honestly dont think theyre beefing that hard (dillashaw and urijah) but cody is a savage motherfucker who would stab you over a sandwich

<codychoke>

its telling that nobody besides cruz has ever had a problem with urijah or TAM despite being a huge presence in the sport for a decade

i honestly dont think theyre beefing that hard (dillashaw and urijah) but cody is a savage motherfucker who would stab you over a sandwich

<codychoke>

Well we dont know that. Usually gym drama doesnt make it to the news. Many people could have had problems with tam that we dont know about. Didnt they keep losing coaches for awhile? Who knows what goes on behind the scene.

A bunch of dudes teaming up on one guy has always come off to me as weakness. And its kind of strange that TAM is only now starting to say that TJ is a horrible training partner. Why not discuss it with him when he's member of the team? It doesn't add up to me. They just sound jealous. But other than that, I don't really care to side with either party. Emotion aside, my mind tells me Garbrandt will win the fight by KO, though I wouldn't mind seeing him face a little adversity.

But why did he have to chose one or another? Because Uriah got butthurt? What other reason is there? No other coaches that I know of tell fighters they cant train somewhere else or they can never come back. Thats sour grapes.

Did I miss something?

Hmmm? You only asked me about why he is a snake. Now you are just bringing up irrelevant points in regards to why he is or isn't a snake.

The coaches falling out was the reality that Dillashaw had to deal with. He dealt it in a snake like manner.

Am I missing something?

For the record, I think Ludwig and Faber were too greedy for their own good. Dillashaw would have been a sympathetic figure has he just chose one over the other, but didn't. That is the snake part.

So don't start acting up and bringing in irrelevant points for the sake of hearing your own voice.

Back