Does anyone else think Weidman wasn't trying to cheat but just legitimately hurt bad?

Alpha Brain

Anti Troll
Banned
Reaction score
Everyone just instantly jumps to the conclusion that he was faking because he said the wrong month but does anyone think he may of just been legitimately put out of it by those knees and had no idea where he was? This would explain why he was down so long.

This is what I would like to believe happened for the sake of believing in the good of humanity. Also this way it makes the stoppage seem like it was a real good time to stop it as he was finished so it's a legit TKO and Weidman didn't actually try to game the system.

I don't think Chris was cheating but just really out of it from the knees. People need to get off his back.

Yep. It's the only alternative. Either he was trying to cheat his way to a win or he was knocked out.

He took the time that was given by the ref to recover. Every fighter on the roster would have done the same.

I think he was hurt and was looking to take some time to get himself together

it was a fuck up all round

He got rocked and wanted to use the ref stoppage to recover.

That's why after it was deemed that the knees were legal, the stoppage was legit since he was deemed unfit to continue due to the legal knees.

yes i believe those knees gave him cobwebs. something less than a flash KO, something more than a clear head.

fighters have been arguing that doc's called the fight prematurely since docs started calling fights. this year at least 10 fighters have claimed a premature stoppage, in the UFC alone. he is not unique in this regard.

The whole thing was a clusterfuck from the getgo.

The ref stops it and TELLS him to take time to recover, thinking it was illegal.

In the end though, he couldn't even remember what DAY it was when the Drs asked him, so yeah, he was definitely discombobulated.

He was kneed in the head and clearly affected by it. Nothing he says directly after that should be taken at face value.

I said it before, Moose's knees can induce time travel. Two more and Weidman could have gone back to the 90s and warned us all about Brexit and Trump.

even if Chris would have gotten time to recover moose would have still beat him pretty easy. But the stoppage was pretty shitty by the ref

He took the time that was given by the ref to recover. Every fighter on the roster would have done the same.

And 99% of football players pretend to have suffered the worst injury in the history of manking after having been touched ever so slightly by an opponent. I still think they're pussies and I'll rejoice on the rare occasion that they have to suffer some consequences.

So either Chris was knocked senseless, in which case he lost deservedly.

Or he pretended to be fouled to get his opponent disqualified, in which case he lost deservedly.

Tertium non datur.

i missed Weidman cheating in that fight? Did he eyepoke, grab the fence, or hit to the back of the head?

I don't think he faked it. The poor guy didn't know what month it was. What bothers me is that he tried to lie about it after, snd say he was Ok, and that the fight shouldn't have been stopped.

Everyone just instantly jumps to the conclusion that he was faking because he said the wrong month but does anyone think he may of just been legitimately put out of it by those knees and had no idea where he was? This would explain why he was down so long.

This is what I would like to believe happened for the sake of believing in the good of humanity. Also this way it makes the stoppage seem like it was a real good time to stop it as he was finished so it's a legit TKO and Weidman didn't actually try to game the system.

I don't think Chris was cheating but just really out of it from the knees. People need to get off his back.

I think he was hurt but, he has a shitty personality so, neither would surprise me.

I think he faked hurt once told it was illegal. He tried to exploit the rules. Moose destroyed him being a punk looking for a quick out. It was a cheap punk move and he payed the price. Classic W for Moose.

WAR MOOSE

Why not both trying and hurt?

And if he was hurt then the TKO was fine.

I don't think he faked it. The poor guy didn't know what month it was. What bothers me is that he tried to lie about it after, snd say he was Ok, and that the fight shouldn't have been stopped.

He annoys me more than most fighters. His punk out exploit the rules attempt for a creepy DQ blew up in his face. It looks good on him.In his defense, he is starting to look like the special Olympics with all the head trauma and concussions. His face has been altered by the GNP by RockH, flying Romero knee, and now, Moose' clinch knees. Anytime someone has facial alterations and severe head trauma, they should have a lot more CT scans. I don't like Wideman or his wimpering but, his safety needs to be put forced before he dies in the octagon.

many people remember those times and believe they were clear headed. he could think he was clear headed, say "February" with all earnestness, fight is called....and he'll still remember and believe that he was clear headed, because he actually felt clear headed.

it takes a special level of introspection to recognize that even though he remembers being clear headed, he wasn't. most fighters don't have that level of introspection.

if you've ever woken up from surgery (or if you had one or three too many percocets) and feel clear headed but later others tell you how goofy you were acting, though you don't remember it that way, it's a bit like that.

then again, it's politics now, and none of this matters. he wants a rematch, and anyone who is surprised is crazy.

Back