Chris Weidman: I do want a rematch with Mousasi because I felt I was dominating the fight.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
During a recent appearance on The MMA Hour, Weidman talked about the bizarre ending to the fight and the subsequent appeal.

“We sent in the appeal. It’s really on my managers, my trust is in them. They came up with something to send over, I looked it over, as did my wife. They sent it to New York and I think they might’ve got a reply. As for me and my hopes, to win an appeal in New York, especially it being so fresh, they are going to fight this thing to the death. At the end of the day, it doesn’t make a huge difference to me personally.

I know what happened in there was chaos and not right and I was on the losing end of it. It sucks for a lot of reasons, but at the end of the day, I can’t control any of it and it’s over. I’ll just look to the future. Whether they make it a no contest or not, I’m not focused on it. I’ll let my management team deal with that and hopefully the right thing happens. I am not putting much time and effort into thinking about that.

At the end of the day, it was a sucky situation that I was a part of and it wasn’t what I wanted to happen and I don’t think Mousasi wanted that to happen.”

As far as him trying to “play the game” or take advantage of the rules, Weidman says that’s far from the case, he was simply trying to follow the established rules, all while trying to get back to his feet.

That said, he says he could’ve continued on fighting despite taking two knees to the head and went on to dominate Gegard, which is why Chris wants a chance to run it back against Mousasi.

“I think I would’ve went on to dominate Mousasi and even finish him. Now, this is all my opinion and you can argue this back-and-forth and we will never know for that event. But, I do want a rematch because I felt I was dominating the fight. Even in the second round when he came forward and I was doing the backpedaling and he was punching. He didn’t land anything and I was very coherent and I wasn’t rocked.

The rest of the round, I mounted him and took his back. I know Mousasi wasn’t happy with the result, judging by him pulling down his flag and telling his coaches to stop the celebration. I know his tune changed at the press conference and he was coached into the way he was talking at that point. But his instincts were right and as a fighter you don’t want to win that way. It was a debacle.”

As far as fighting in New York again, Weidman says he’s not sure what the future holds, as he feels NYSAC is still very new and “amateurish” when it comes to mixed marital Arts.

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/4/24/1...usasi-rematch-after-dominating-at-ufc-210-mma

"As a fighter you dont want to win that way"

Indeed, but still a much more honorable way to win then the way you tried faking lmao

He had nothing for Mousasi. He had quite a few td's and he did nothing with them and got his face smashed by Mousasi in the standup.

Oh shut the hell up you big cry baby.

He had nothing for Mousasi. He had quite a few td's and he did nothing with them and got his face smashed by Mousasi in the standup.

Weidman won the first round. Mousasi was coming on in the second but saying weidman had nothing is dumb.

giphy.gif

Just stop it chris. Please take your meds

He probably shouldn't have keeled over like he had been shot by a 50 cal and then continued to whine all the way to the interview, calling the knees illegal.

He was done and he was making out like he was done.

Can't have it both ways. If he wanted to fight he would have been on his feet instead he wanted a DQ win.

if he tells the truth that he wasnt hurt then maybe ANSWER THE FUCKING DOCTERS QUESTIONS CORRECT

Last edited:
Weidman won the first round. Mousasi was coming on in the second but saying weidman had nothing is dumb.

Weidman wasn't dominating, he won the round based on td's and control sure but he didn't do any damage. By saying Weidman had nothing for Mousasi, I meant that he had nothing in terms of dealing damage. Maybe not the best word used but he kept on taking down Mousasi and Mousasi kept on getting back to his feet. In doing that Weidman ended up gassing out badly and was getting his face smashed.

"At the end of the day, it doesn’t make a huge difference to me personally".

"I am not putting much time and effort into thinking about that".

Yes, you are chris. Don't bullshit us.

He was winning with LNP only and it doesn't matter because he was tko'd and thought it was 2 months ago he was so out of it.

<36>

Weedman tried gaming the system and paid for it with a loss. He's gonna lose again.

I had him winning, but he was by no means dominating.

Weidman wasn't dominating, he won the round based on td's and control sure but he didn't do any damage. By saying Weidman had nothing for Mousasi, I meant that he had nothing in terms of dealing damage. Maybe not the best word used but he kept on taking down Mousasi and Mousasi kept on getting back to his feet. In doing that Weidman ended up gassing out badly and was getting his face smashed.

Ah ok that makes more sense and I agree. I think Mousasi was going to start taking over that fight. The only thing Chris could have hoped for was for Mousasi to start slowing down himself. Chris might have caught a second wind to who knows. Really wish the fight wouldn't have ended like that.

"At the end of the day, it doesn’t make a huge difference to me personally".

"I am not putting much time and effort into thinking about that".
tumblr_m69kyjeQTU1qia4qx.gif

He was on his way to being stopped by punches then he got stopped by knees.

He took down Moose at will in the first, in the 2nd his takedowns were slowing down and Moose was reading it like a book and stuffing them, all the while lighting up The Chris' face with jabs.

The Chris tried to get a cheap DQ victory and instead got saddled with a cheap TKO, lol.
It's not everyday that karma is as immediate as this, so it was poetic especially since it happened in Weidman's home town :D

How long is he gonna cry anyways? He lucked out that AS broke his leg in their rematch. You see AS crying about it non-stop?

Back