What are your thoughts on UFC 212?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This certainly isn't the most stacked PPV ever, but I do like a lot of matchups on here, and I've also always been a fan of putting guys such as Mederios & Auburn Mercier on the opening fight or second fight of the ppv. Helps give up and comers like them good exposure, and it makes there wins feel bigger being on the ppv. I think it just helps up and comers out putting them on the ppv when the timing is right. I think my final rating on this card is really gonna depend on who Anderson fights , such as if they can make the Rockhold fight I think it will be a very ppv worthy card, but if he gets Hall and that ends up being co main I wont be happy at all with that. All in all like I said it's not the most stacked PPV ever, but there are good matchups up and down the card, such as the main event obviously is an amazing fight, then of course Anderson Silva, Moraes vs Assuncao, Gadelha vs Kowalkiewicz, Santos vs Auburn Mercier, Silva vs Mederios & Borrachinha vs Bamgbose. I still think this card could use one more good fight maybe something like John Lineker vs Thomas Almedia would help this card a lot

Here's the card as of now -

Main Card (PPV)
Jose Aldo(c) vs Max Holloway(ic)
Anderson Silva vs ???
Raphael Assuncao vs Marlon Moraes
Claudia Gadelha vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Leonardo Santos vs Olivier Auburn Mercier

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Erick Silva vs Yancy Mederios
Johnny Eduardo vs Matthew Lopez
Paulo Costa vs Oluwale Bamgbose
Marco Beltran vs Deiveson Alcantara

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Antonio Carlos Junior vs Eric Spicely
Jamie Moyle vs Viviane Pereira
Luan Chagas vs Jim Wallhead

Thoughts?

My thoughts are it isn't worth paying for, and not even close. I am really interested in the Aldo Holloway fight but past that it's more of a fight night card imo.
Anderson doesn't really have an interesting foe so.....

Not a stacked card, only fighh im looking forward to is the title fight and the Anderson Silva fight. There is a lot of unfamilar names

I don't think it's bad. UFC 211 makes this card look like shit, though.

If they can't get Anderson Silvia an opponent that'll make this card terrible.

Karolina is on that card, so I can't complain.

Not too excited if I'm honest. Holloway Aldo will be a war between two of the best p4p fighters in the world though, and it will be interesting to see how Moraes does.

If they get Silva a solid fight I like it. Aldo vs Holloway is one of the best fights UFC can make right now. Karolina vs Claudia should be a scrap. Super pumped to see Moraes in the UFC. Yancy vs Silva should be a banger.

Not stacked but a solid little card. If it loses Anderson though it gets hurt. But so long as Max vs Aldo happens I will buy.

Hate that they matched up Moraes with Assuncao... Moraes is such a talented and exciting prospect BUT Assuncao has an ability to slow down fights to his pace. I don't think this fight was thought out all that well. Moraes vs Lineker or Rivera would've been better match ups.

Also Anderson vs Whittaker would make this card MUST watch imo.

<mma4>

This certainly isn't the most stacked PPV ever, but I do like a lot of matchups on here, and I've also always been a fan of putting guys such as Mederios & Auburn Mercier on the opening fight or second fight of the ppv. Helps give up and comers like them good exposure, and it makes there wins feel bigger being on the ppv. I think it just helps up and comers out putting them on the ppv when the timing is right. I think my final rating on this card is really gonna depend on who Anderson fights , such as if they can make the Rockhold fight I think it will be a very ppv worthy card, but if he gets Hall and that ends up being co main I wont be happy at all with that. All in all like I said it's not the most stacked PPV ever, but there are good matchups up and down the card, such as the main event obviously is an amazing fight, then of course Anderson Silva, Moraes vs Assuncao, Gadelha vs Kowalkiewicz, Santos vs Auburn Mercier, Silva vs Mederios & Borrachinha vs Bamgbose. I still think this card could use one more good fight maybe something like John Lineker vs Thomas Almedia would help this card a lot

Here's the card as of now -

Main Card (PPV)
Jose Aldo(c) vs Max Holloway(ic)
Anderson Silva vs ???
Raphael Assuncao vs Marlon Moraes
Claudia Gadelha vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Leonardo Santos vs Olivier Auburn Mercier

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Erick Silva vs Yancy Mederios
Johnny Eduardo vs Matthew Lopez
Paulo Costa vs Oluwale Bamgbose
Marco Beltran vs Deiveson Alcantara

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Antonio Carlos Junior vs Eric Spicely
Jamie Moyle vs Viviane Pereira
Luan Chagas vs Jim Wallhead

Thoughts?
Karolina is fit

Not worth a buy, well worth the watch.

I like it. Finally get Aldo - Holloway. And hopefully they find an opponent for Anderson.

I'm interested in the result of Aldo vs Holloway, but not so much in the fight itself (Aldo/Frankie & Max/Pettis weren't very exciting). Silva should retire. No WMMA fight is worth money. And the rest of the card is a bunch of unknowns - who might deliver, but also might not.

Excited for 213, though.

Love the main event, the rest of the card would compare to an average Fight Night card.

Love the main event as we finally get to see if Max is on Aldo's level.
don't care if anderson is on the card he hasn't impressed me in years .
Raphael Assuncao vs Marlon Moraes could be a great fight , great to see Marlon in the ufc but it's a tough fight right off the bat so it could make him look bad .
Silva v Yancy is for the JBG and should be exciting
Bamgbose and Eduardo normally put on a show .
so all in all not really big names on the card but could be very exciting

PPV isn't bad but the rest is debatable

Hate that they matched up Moraes with Assuncao... Moraes is such a talented and exciting prospect BUT Assuncao has an ability to slow down fights to his pace. I don't think this fight was thought out all that well. Moraes vs Lineker or Rivera would've been better match ups.

Also Anderson vs Whittaker would make this card MUST watch imo.

<mma4>
Very true abour Assunciao. Still very curious to see Moraes debut, but would def rather see Linkeker.
Whittaker vs Anderson would be fun, but most likely Anderson gets knocked out, in brazil, so i doubt he takes that fight. For sure the main card needs another big fight. aside from ME, its okay but kind of meh.

Probably as good as one can expect being in between a really good card in 211 and what should be a stacked card 213. Let's see who Anderson fights and how motivated he will be to actually go out and try to win.

if they make anderson vs whitaker it wont last a round..

aldo holloway is the best fight you ll see today at UFC.

Back