I just watched GSP vs Johnny Hendricks...so it's pretty much unanimous that Johnny was robbed?

jjdowns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm going back and watching old fights to get ready for the GSP vs Bisping match.

I finally watched the GSP vs Hendricks fight and we are all on board that Hendricks was robbed, right?

GSP won round 1 and 5, but Hendricks clearly won 2,3, and 4 rounds. It wasn't even close. The closes of the three middle rounds was the 3rd, but again, Hendricks clearly won that.

What were the judges watching?

Hendricks was robbed. No, wonder he can't make weight anymore. He's probabaly still sad as shit and eating his feelings.

Last edited:
The early rounds GSP was awarded were basically drawn rounds where nothing happened, fair enough the judges gave them to the champ 10-9. The rounds Hendricks won he absolutely dominated and got an equally weighted 10-9 for them. Stupid scoring system, but under the rules GSP won.

I remember hendricks spent a lot of the fight with his head buried in between gsp's thighs, can't win rounds doing that!

It was definitely a robbery I remember going into the 5th round thinking GSP needed a finish to win, even the 5th rd was close from my memory but I haven't watched the fight in years.

The early rounds GSP was awarded were basically drawn rounds where nothing happened, fair enough the judges gave them to the champ 10-9. The rounds Hendricks won he absolutely dominated and got an equally weighted 10-9 for them. Stupid scoring system, but under the rules GSP won.
Nah, the 2nd round was Hendricks most dominate. He nearly KO'd GSP in the second. 1st round went to GSP though.

I'm going back and watching old fights to get ready for the GSP vs Bisping match.

I finally watched the GSP vs Hendricks fight and are all on board that Hendricks was robbed, right?

GSP won round 1 and 5, but Hendricks clearly won 2,3, and 4 rounds. It wasn't even close. The closes of the three middle rounds was the 3rd, but again, Hendricks clearly won the that.

What were the judges watching?

Hendricks was robbed. No, wonder he can't make weight anymore. He's probabaly still sad as shit and eating his feelings.

GSP won that fight 3-2.

The scoring was correct.

70% Hendricks rightfully lost.

GSP didn't win that fight. His nuthuggers insist to say the contrary

Robbed is perhaps a bit strong of a word, but I definitely felt Hendricks won the fight.

I don't care for either guy, but I had Johnny winning that fight, for sure. It's one of the few times Hendricks deserved to whine.

The only reason GSP kept his belt was due to horrid judging.

Hendricks won that fight. Everyone knows it. He won by the media scoring and even the co-creator of the scoring system itself. Judges are incompetent and we've known this for awhile but GSP fans will play ignorant because they refuse to believe he should've lost to the guy that was supposed to be just "another Koscheck"

Great thread ts. This is definitely a topic that has hardly been discussed and deserves more attention. My only criticism is that you should of put "breaking news" in the title.

You just watched the fight? did you like it?

Long as you were entertained!

It was pretty much unanimous by the fans (Sherdog poll was massively in favor of Hendricks), the media scores, the fighters, the top brass in the UFC, and anyone with 2 working eyes. The only people that had it for GSP from my recollection were people that score fights based on personality.

i noticed as time passed and hendricks fell off peoples opinion changed to GSP winning that fight. when the fight happened everybody was saying robbery

Check the Sherdogger rematch polls and fuck off.

Back