Why do world class kickboxers always get KOd by mma fighters with mediocre striking?

guard_passer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Randlemann KOd cro cop
Travis browne KOd Overeem
Gonzaga KOd cro cop
Ernest hoost TKOd by bob fucking sapp.
Semmy schilt, The most decorated kickboxer in history, was KOd by Gilbert Yvel, an mma fighter who has a kickboxing record of 1-1.

We would never see guys like floyd, sergey Kovalev, or GGG get outboxed or KOd by punches if they fought in an mma match. We would never see damian maia, werdum, or jacare get subbed by mma fighters with mediocre bjj. So why are top
Kickboxers getting kicked in the face by dudes who dont even train kickboxing full
Time?

Not to mention Pat Barry, he was doing kickboxing for a long time before MMA. Basically got knocked out cold in every UFC fight by sloppy over hand rights

It's fucking puzzling isn't it.

Smaller gloves and the takedowns are game changers, it's really that simple.

MMA is very different from kickboxing. Smaller gloves, way bigger cage, the cage vs ring is different, the stances and movement is different due to the threat of takedowns. Basically it's very different.

Also more talented guys tend to head to MMA more than kickboxing because they pay is better, just as more talented guys go into boxing more than MMA because the pay is better.

You'd definitely see elite boxers get outstruck and knocked out in MMA, even by punches.

I'm not going to go into detail again on this matter because I don't think most of you are educated enough to understand. However Lawrence Krauss used a baseball analogy to explain physics in a sense. He said "the laws of physics are actually dictated by the fields they exist in, rather than the laws of physics dictating the fields themselves" and then he went onto explain this by saying " take baseball for example, if you added a 5th plate to it most people would think you'd just need to widen the field a bit and add an extra player or two but in reality it would change the rules, strategy, physics etc of the game entirely"

This is observably true with amateur boxing vs professional boxing, it's observably true with things like kickboxing and muay thai, why the fuck wouldn't it also be true with Boxing and MMA or Kickboxing and MMA?

Because of those listed, you have roid users who also depended on that along side of skill for their success. The smaller weightclasses: Masato, Buakaw, Yodsanklai, Saenchai, Andy Souwer, etc. seem to display more technique and skill. They would probably not get out struck on the feet. Gokhan Saki and Tyrone Spong would also probably not get KOed my non-full time kickboxers. And threat of takedown is a thing.

Smaller gloves and the takedowns are game changers.
Smaller gloves excuse. Overeem has been fighting K1 and mma for years now. Still getting ktfod by mma fighters with mediocre striking. He should knows how to use the gloves by now. Also bob sapp vs ernesto hoost was with k1 gloved and he still
Got Smashed

Because of those listed, you have roid users who also depended on that along side of skill for their success. The smaller weightclasses: Masato, Buakaw, Yodsanklai, Saenchai, Andy Souwer, etc. seem to display more technique and skill. They would probably not get out struck on the feet. Gokhan Saki and Tyrone Spong would also probably not get KOed my non-full time kickboxers. And threat of takedown is a thing.
Lol at thinking those guys are all
Natty

U have no evidence to support this

No but I used logic support it. Until elite level boxers cross over, establish high level takedown defense and mix it up with high level MMA fighters on the feet on more than just one or two occasions we won't have a sufficient enough test sample to know...However we've seen guys like Ray Mercer and Shannon Briggs get fucked up in K-1 by guys with much lower level striking than most top level MMA fighters. There's also many great Boxer's who obviously don't have the skillsets or styles to be effective even standing in MMA because they are grossly different sports.

Don't ignore the rest of my post either champ.

Randlemann KOd cro cop
Travis browne KOd Overeem
Gonzaga KOd cro cop
Ernest hoost TKOd by bob fucking sapp.
Semmy schilt, The most decorated kickboxer in history, was KOd by Gilbert Yvel, an mma fighter who has a kickboxing record of 1-1.

We would never see guys like floyd, sergey Kovalev, or GGG get outboxed or KOd by punches if they fought in an mma match. We would never see damian maia, werdum, or jacare get subbed by mma fighters with mediocre bjj. So why are top
Kickboxers getting kicked in the face by dudes who dont even train kickboxing full
Time?

A. They don't. You just picked the examples that are beyond over discussed on this site, ones that you can google search and find hundreds of discussions about.

You're not creating an original topic here, and are likely just trying to talk shit about mentioned fighters (judging by your first few responses, this is clearly true, you're trying to stir shit).

B. It's clear you don't even really know much about the fights you're talking about, so your noobiness is pretty evident, furthering the point that you're just trying to be a smartass without any real substance.

Wanna know how I know? Your last example about Semmy Schilt. He didn't wear gloves in that fight. He couldn't throw pucnhes, only open handed strikes. Yvel on the other hand was wearing gloves and could throw real punches.

Learn more about the topic before you create a smartass topic about it. There are literally THOUSANDS of posts about all of your mentioned fights, on this exact topic.

No but I used logic support it. Until elite level boxers cross over, establish high level takedown defense and mix it up with high level MMA fighters on the feet on more than just one or two occasions we won't have a sufficient enough test sample to know...However we've seen guys like Ray Mercer and Shannon Briggs get fucked up in K-1 by guys with much lower level striking than most top level MMA fighters. There's also many great Boxer's who obviously don't have the skillsets or styles to be effective even standing in MMA because they are grossly different sports.

Don't ignore the rest of my post either champ.
There is more evidence of top boxers venturing into mma and NOT getting KOd by hands, and none the other way around. Meanwhile there is plenty of evidence if top kickboxers getting headkick KOd in MMA by guys with no kickboxing career

A. They don't. You just picked the examples that are beyond over discussed on this site, ones that you can google search and find hundreds of discussions about.

You're not creating an original topic here, and are likely just trying to talk shit about mentioned fighters (judging by your first few responses, this is clearly true, you're trying to stir shit).

B. It's clear you don't even really know much about the fights you're talking about, so your noobiness is pretty evident, furthering the point that you're just trying to be a smartass without any real substance.

Wanna know how I know? Your last example about Semmy Schilt. He didn't wear gloves in that fight. He couldn't throw pucnhes, only open handed strikes. Yvel on the other hand was wearing gloves and could throw real punches.

Learn more about the topic before you create a smartass topic about it. There are literally THOUSANDS of posts about all of your mentioned fights, on this exact topic.
Tl;dr. Biased towards kickboxing. be realistic

You'd definitely see elite boxers get outstruck and knocked out in MMA, even by punches.

I'm not going to go into detail again on this matter because I don't think most of you are educated enough to understand. However Lawrence Krauss used a baseball analogy to explain physics in a sense. He said "the laws of physics are actually dictated by the fields they exist in, rather than the laws of physics dictating the fields themselves" and then he went onto explain this by saying " take baseball for example, if you added a 5th plate to it most people would think you'd just need to widen the field a bit and add an extra player or two but in reality it would change the rules, strategy, physics etc of the game entirely"

This is observably true with amateur boxing vs professional boxing, it's observably true with things like kickboxing and muay thai, why the fuck wouldn't it also be true with Boxing and MMA or Kickboxing and MMA?

I don't understand.

And I don't think you do, either. You just typed out what someone else said.

About baseball.

Back