A good pic of UFC champion Germaine De Randamie

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does it exist?

I remember looking for one to post in aide to compliment her while I was applauding her striking from the Holly fight... but there just doesn't seem to be one.

I guess there's some good out of all of it, she clearly couldn't care less about the barbie bullshit, and puts all her efforts into training and fighting... Thus why she's a champion now.

26xBEUdlSJ1BZbZHa.gif

Germaine%2Bde%2BRandamie%2BSmashes%2BLarissa%2BPacheco%2BUFC%2B185.gif

tumblr_ojqwdi3KQI1qlskhvo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

germaine_UFC208.jpg

Also, without the sound, the late hit doesn't look too bad. The ref is much more to blame. The second late hit is a different story...

Well...after looking at it again...kind of the same deal. Not trying to argue about that though.

26xBQd2xFXUrJr2Zq.gif

Damn, feel so bad about what Cyborg is going to do to her

Does it exist?

I remember looking for one to post in aide to compliment her while I was applauding her striking from the Holly fight... but there just doesn't seem to be one.

I guess there's some good out of all of it, she clearly couldn't care less about the barbie bullshit, and puts all her efforts into training and fighting... Thus why she's a champion now.

26xBEUdlSJ1BZbZHa.gif

Germaine%2Bde%2BRandamie%2BSmashes%2BLarissa%2BPacheco%2BUFC%2B185.gif

tumblr_ojqwdi3KQI1qlskhvo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

germaine_UFC208.jpg

Also, without the sound, the late hit doesn't look too bad. The ref is much more to blame. The second late hit is a different story...

Well...after looking at it again...kind of the same deal. Not trying to argue about that though.

26xBQd2xFXUrJr2Zq.gif
Of course it doesn't look so bad genius, you can't hear the buzzer.

A good pic of UFC champion Germaine De Randamie

tenor.gif
well there are a lot of good pics of Cindy Dandois... but no gifs of anything technical available.

Like, what are we expecting from WMMA? I think Sherdog needs to draw a fine line. Do we want lookers or do we want fighters?

Of course it doesn't look so bad genius, you can't hear the buzzer.
right on genius... cause the buzzer is there only to signify the end of the round to the ref.

The round ends when the ref breaks the 2 fighters apart. So in this instance, without sound does the incident justice.

I don't know if you guys are/ were athletes, but I'm sure the message from your coaches has always been the play stops when the ref stops it not when you hear the whistle/ bell.

right on genius... cause the buzzer is there only to signify the end of the round to the ref.

The round ends when the ref breaks the 2 fighters apart. So in this instance, without sound does the incident justice.
No, because without sound you can't hear the buzzer.

I don't give a damn what she looks like

Would just be nice if she can give Cyborg a good fight. Be great if someone could hang in there in the cage with Cyborg for more than half a round.

She does have very good striking. Love to see both these woman have a war for a few rounds

No, because without sound you can't hear the buzzer.
Then why didn't he stop it right at the buzzer? He had sound, lol.

I don't give a damn what she looks like

Would just be nice if she can give Cyborg a good fight.
She's one of the two(imo) who can. GDR has great counters. That's the way she'd find success. If she gets aggressive then she'll just get smoked.

But seeing how she fought Holly, I don't expect that. Especially against Cyborg.

How would I know. I'm just pointing at that a gif of someone hitting someone after the buzzer is obviously not going to look as bad if you can not hear the buzzer.

How would I know. I'm just pointing at that a gif of someone hitting someone after the buzzer is obviously not going to look as bad if you can not hear the buzzer.
True. Which is why i'm pointing out that Todd Anderson should have done a much better job of breaking up the action since he could actually hear the bell :D

She's one of the two(imo) who can. GDR has great counters. That's the way she'd find success. If she gets aggressive then she'll just get smoked.

But seeing how she fought Holly, I don't expect that. Especially against Cyborg.
Completely agree.

I think GDR is being heavily undersold here. She out-struck Holly Holm. That deserves some amor respect right there.

But since she doesn't look the 'part', she's getting a lot of flak. Also doesn't help that she won a fight she was put in to lose. I thought we liked underdog stories?

Yea the strikes at the bell raise a bit of the flag. But it is for the ref to break the fighters apart.

--------
Big John McCarthy explained in a Twitter Q&A:

“The round officially ends at the call of the referee. The bell is their notification. It is actually for the corner people to get ready for the break. It does help the referee in knowing when the round should end.”

Marc Goddard echoed a similar statement, responding to UFC vet Dan Hardy, who said:

“I don’t believe it’s the fighters responsibility to listen for the bell. There is a lot going on in there. It’s easy to miss it.”

Marc Goddard responded by saying:

“Correct Mr. Hardy, In vast majority they do hear and respond, but it’s up to us as refs to audibly, physically stop.”

She out-struck Holly Holm.
I actually am not sure this is the case(thanks to Holly's leg kicks). Head strikes though, absolutely.

But since she doesn't look the 'part', she's getting a lot of flak. Also doesn't help that she won a fight she was put in to lose. I thought we liked underdog stories?
Truth. But she also ended up the favorite :D
I don't know. I guess people are just upset about how they hyped it as such an awesome striker battle but wasn't a "slobber knocker". I still thought it was a pretty good fight minus the moments of wall & stalling which was done by Holly... Then people also like to remember the controversies over all else.

--------
Big John McCarthy explained in a Twitter Q&A:

“The round officially ends at the call of the referee. The bell is their notification. It is actually for the corner people to get ready for the break. It does help the referee in knowing when the round should end.”

Marc Goddard echoed a similar statement, responding to UFC vet Dan Hardy, who said:

“I don’t believe it’s the fighters responsibility to listen for the bell. There is a lot going on in there. It’s easy to miss it.”

Marc Goddard responded by saying:

“Correct Mr. Hardy, In vast majority they do hear and respond, but it’s up to us as refs to audibly, physically stop.”
The GOATs have spoken!

I actually am not sure this is the case(thanks to Holly's leg kicks). Head strikes though, absolutely.

Truth. But she also ended up the favorite :D
I don't know. I guess people are just upset about how they hyped it as such an awesome striker battle but wasn't a "slobber knocker". I still thought it was a pretty good fight minus the moments of wall & stalling which was done by Holly... Then people also like to remember the controversies over all else.

The GOATs have spoken!
GDR was the favorite before the fight??? Damn

I was certain the UF booked this to get a Holly an easy title fight to get the belt.

I remember a bunch of threads laughing at the UFC for giving Germaine this shot against Holly, like she was supposed to be a jobber to Holly's title win.

That was certainly the vibe on sherdog. The odds probably reflected things more accurately.

I actually think Germaine is in the best spot to give Cyborg problems.

I hope this fight gets the respect and cred it deserves. 2 of the best women's fighters on the planet. There's no need for the barbie promotional stunts by the UFC here imo. Promote the fight.

Back