Conor was never champ champ / Nate retired him

asharak

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Straight from the man's IG. He came back from retirement March 21 2016 after losing to Nate on March 5 2016.

Having retired, he gave up the FW title, meaning he was never champ champ. Just like how if GSP faces and beats Bisping, he won't be champ champ unless he goes and wins the WW title before retiring again.

...he didn't officially retire. We have to explain this? He was still an active fighter. He didn't vacate the title.

What the hell is a "champ champ"?

McGregor's claim to being a double champion is extremely weak. The UFC just did him a favor for marketing purposes.

It's his Instagram

He says he did. Do you not believe him? If he's saying it now, it wasn't just part of his negotiation tactic with the UFC
You can't just say "I retire" and you are then officially retired. There is a process.

giphy.gif

You can't just say "I retire" and you are then officially retired. There is a process.
MMA/Boxing are different. He can't just get out of an x-fight contract by saying he's retired(see Couture), but he can decide to stop fighting entirely. What, do you think he gets a pension or something?

Also, you can't just say, "I am back from retirement" either, but apparently he did.

Straight from the man's IG. He came back from retirement March 21 2016 after losing to Nate on March 5 2016.

Having retired, he gave up the FW title, meaning he was never champ champ. Just like how if GSP faces and beats Bisping, he won't be champ champ unless he goes and wins the WW title before retiring again.

Genius....Never thought of it like that.
You know Conor, (Dana), and his fans all run on technicalities, proving how great he is. Only fair the shoe fits the other foot as well.

Did they knock the 2 champs out for him too?
He was never going to fight at FW again. Hendo and Shields are much better examples of simultaneous multi-weight-class champions. If GSP beats Bisping in his next fight, he has as valid of a claim to being a simultaneous multi-weight champ.

It was nothing but manufactured success and special treatment from the UFC since only Conor was given the opportunity while other fighters would not be allowed to do so.

Would also explain why Sports Illustrated would not put Conor in the running for Sportsman of the year because they know the truth.

Just goes to show how much the UFC is willing to make a mockery out of the promotion to make cash from a star.

If there is millions to be made they will turn MMA in the UFC into a circus.

I guess they got 4 billion to pay off so I can understand.

Motherfucker acts like he's Ali coming back to face a killer like Joe Frazier after years off. This guy is such a try hard. He's the Ric Flair of mma. Lots of noise, with nothing to back it up. Talk about your clothes, like a woman.

Back