The real deal about Cody vs TJ

Durr T Sanchez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With all the drama being thrown in our faces its easy to not realize the significance of this fight. With all the nonsense about interim titles and "gifting" title fights, its refreshing to see 2 guys at the top of their division fighting for the belt. TJ and Cody are exciting and in their prime. They also represent the newer breed of MMA fighters, guys that can punch, kick, grapple, and are very mobile. This fight could easily represent how far MMA has come in terms of skill and athleticism.

TJ gets unnecessary hate for doing what he thought was best for his career. Its funny how people can't realize he's one of the most talented fighters in the UFC. He almost won TUF just with his wrestling alone and now he's one of the best strikers to watch(IMO). I didnt know much about Cody before he fought Dom other than he was heavy handed but boy did he gain me as a fan when he out danced him. Im very excited for this fight.

It'll be a sick fight for sure. both guys are gonna beat the living hell outta each other. I'm gonna go with my boy Killashaw to get the job done though.
image.gif

The only reason I'm watching TUF this season is to see these guys go at it. Classic beef!!! Pumped for their fight.

TJ gets unnecessary hate for doing what he thought was best for his career. Its funny how people can't realize he's one of the most talented fighters in the UFC. He almost won TUF just with his wrestling alone and now he's one of the best strikers to watch(IMO). I didnt know much about Cody before he fought Dom other than he was heavy handed but boy did he gain me as a fan when he out danced him. Im very excited for this fight.
Couldn't agree more. This fight is gonna be a barn burner. The way Dillashaw used his striking to set up his takedowns on Lineker was a beautiful thing to watch. Am excited to see how this fight goes but if TJ can't hold garbrandt down I think he will lose.

I think Dillashaw will by 3rd technical sub, his grappling has improved leaps and bounds

Have we seen much of Cody's grappling though?

Well Cruz was considered the best wrestler in the division by far, and he went 0-7 against Cody in takedowns. If Cruz can't even get close to getting Cody down I doubt anyone at 135 is going to.

if TJ doesnt stay composed he'll lose like how he did against Dom....he's too emotional. but this time.. Cody is the emotional one....So TJ needs to wrestle and not Stand up...Cody's chin is too strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back