Diego Sanchez should retire myth DEBUNKED

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Timestamped: Diego's a real man. He can go for as long as he wants.

<Dana05>

Should Diego retire?

eb7diq.gif

Diego only been stopped twice in his career (doctor stoppage don't count) and both happened within a year of each other...It's only gonna get worse.

giphy.gif

Time to retire.

THat was turrible. He was thrown back more than Kocheck.

So are you debunking the myth? isn't that like a double negative. Are you saying he should or shouldn't retire?

Diego only been stopped twice in his career (doctor stoppage don't count) and both happened within a year of each other...It's only gonna get worse.

giphy.gif

Time to retire.
what fight finder doesn't tell you is that he wasn't even knocked down in the Lauzon fight. It was a standing TKO.

Feels like most of you guys are missing the point anyways.

what fight finder doesn't tell you is that he wasn't even knocked down in the Lauzon fight. It was a standing TKO.

Feels like most of you guys are missing the point anyways.
LoL
Being out on his feet or out on the canvas doesn't make a difference.

NEVER BEEN STOPPED BEFORE then stopped twice in 2 of his last 3.
The wars have caught up with him.

Diego has suffered brain and ego damage over the years. He was at his best when he got the victory over Nick Diaz. Since then he's lost his sense of identity. This was made evident when he started trying way too hard to "maddog" his opponenets in prefight staredowns etc. In trying to emulate others (such as Nick) he went down hill.

He should have maintained his humble "give the glory to Jesus" beginnings, as opposed to adopting the fake menecing persona.

LoL
Being out on his feet or out on the canvas doesn't make a difference.

NEVER BEEN STOPPED BEFORE then stopped twice in 2 of his last 3.
The wars have caught up with him.
Hell yea there's a big difference between being overwhelmed on your feet VS being flatlined.

Concussions, trauma, equilibrium, synapse response... etc etc.

"No difference" fuck off. just admit you didn't know it was a standing TKO and move on. Don't carry on with this bullshit narrative that there's no difference between a standing TKO and between being knocked out cold.

Liked the guy for a long time. Just cant take seeing him as a punching bag. He had a great run and should call it quits.

Diego's chin is cracked and he's too tough for his own good. Just because he hasn't sustained KOs doesn't mean he hasn't had his head bashed into mush.

he was the real deal. still is hes just not top 10.
He was an elite fighter. He doesn't get the respect he deserves. Its not like he flopped as hard as someone like CroCop either.

But I guess since Diego didn't fight for Pride, he's not allowed to have a Prime-version of himself.

Hell yea there's a big difference between being overwhelmed on your feet VS being flatlined.

"No difference" fuck off. just admit you didn't know it was a standing TKO and move on. Don't carry on with this bullshit narrative that there's no difference between a standing TKO and between being knocked out cold.
What is more traumatic? One punch that puts you out or 30 punches that bounce your brain around in your skull for an extended period of time? I don't think one is inherently much worse than the other seeing as how both can result in a concussion. He should probably retire before he gets more brain damage than he already has. Do you want Diego to die in the octagon for your entertainment?

What is more traumatic? One punch that puts you out or 30 punches that bounce your brain around in your skull for an extended period of time? I don't think one is inherently much worse than the other seeing as how both can result in a concussion. He should probably retire before he gets more brain damage than he already has. Do you want Diego to die in the octagon for your entertainment?
stfu kid. do you even know what causes a knockdown, or a knockout? do you understand why it is that you go out cold from strike to the dome? start there... then we'll talk about the difference between taking 10 hard shots to the face VS one concussing blow.

Of course I knew how it ended, the fight was on one of the biggest cards of last year, your underselling how brutal the finish was...He was out on his feet being held up by the fence.

You're also twisting my words...Out on his feet or out on the canvas it makes no difference as in it's brutal either way and he was defeated like he's never been defeated before.

Brutal finish, Diego doesn't even look like he's focused on Joe at the very end and can't tell the difference between Joe and the ref.
Out on his feet.

Of course I knew how it ended, the fight was on one of the biggest cards of last year, your underselling how brutal the finish was...He was out on his feet being held up by the fence.

You're also twisting my words...Out on his feet or out on the canvas it makes no difference as in it's brutal either way and he was defeated like he's never been defeated before.

Brutal finish, Diego doesn't even look like he's focused on Joe at the very end and can't tell the difference between Joe and the ref.
Out on his feet.

"out on his feet" is figurative. You can't physically be out on your feet, I guess unless you're unconscious leaning against the corner.

"out on the canvas" is literally 'out'. you're the one equivocating here, not me. try again.

stfu kid. do you even know what causes a knockdown, or a knockout? do you understand why it is that you go out cold from strike to the dome? start there... then we'll talk about the difference between taking 10 hard shots to the face VS one concussing blow.

Yeah i do. What is worse, your brain bouncing off your skull once and you go out or your brain bouncing off your skull multiple times. You are really going to tell me that JDS suffered less brain in the 10 rounds that Cain beat his ass than if he had just gone out in the first?

So again, I will ask you. Do you want Diego to die in the octagon for your entertainment? I'm not saying that someone should try and force him to retire, I just think at this point it would be very beneficial to his health to hang up the gloves. If he were to sign another fight (which i assume that he is going to do) i will gladly watch it.

When someone disagrees with your opinion you don't have to get so defensive.

Back