Raging Al spitting fire at UFC and Dana

YellowBaneno

Dog Head
Banned
Reaction score

But the cruel reality is

HjQAo.gif

Al vs any top 10. 155 would be fun. Dudes a good fighter sad he isn't In a better spot.

i really understand Al but, if he really wants things to change, he should shut the fuck up and fight. EVERYBODY, literally everybody wants more money, not only Al. Dana didn't force him to fight professionally (we all know mma fighters make peanuts), he knew what he was getting into. Furthermore, he clearly doesn't move the needle. Only hardcores know who he is. It is up to him to fight more frequently and make a name for himself, then the money will come.
PD: Dana is a jerk but he is your freaking boss, kid. LOTS of people have to tolerate their boss and respect him to get a raise, it's just the way it is. To insult Dana is just dumb by Iaquinta.

i really understand Al but, if he really wants things to change, he should shut the fuck up and fight. EVERYBODY, literally everybody wants more money. Dana didn't force him to fight professionally (we all know mma fighters make peanuts), he knew what he was getting into. Furthermore, he clearly doesn't move the needle. Only hardcores know who he is. It is up to him to fight more frequently and make a name for himself, then the money will come.
True, and the stage that he was given apparently got him enough fame to allow him to pay his mortgage teaching private lessons to kids.

I like how ten years ago, when I joined sherdog, EVERY FIGHTER fought because they LOVE IT. The thought of making millions being a mid-tier MMA fighter was absurd.

It's crazy to me that the UFC has done such an amazing job with the sport that this is now a reality, and all they get is shit on by everyone for not paying people enough. The UFC made MMA fighting a viable way to make a living in the first place.

Dana should fire everyone at that gym like he did to AKA many years ago.

So Al is the new Tito Ortiz? That being said he is right and Dana walked away with 300 million from the sale of the UFC Al does not mention that one.

I agree ufc treats guys like shit.

Not sure if saying waaa I should've gotten it! Is the best way.

I dunno.

Fuck it. I'm getting rid of fighters that make exciting fights.

i really understand Al but, if he really wants things to change, he should shut the fuck up and fight. EVERYBODY, literally everybody wants more money, not only Al. Dana didn't force him to fight professionally (we all know mma fighters make peanuts), he knew what he was getting into. Furthermore, he clearly doesn't move the needle. Only hardcores know who he is. It is up to him to fight more frequently and make a name for himself, then the money will come.
PD: Dana is a jerk but he is your freaking boss, kid. LOTS of people have to tolerate their boss and respect him to get a raise, it's just the way it is. To insult Dana is just dumb by Iaquinta.
I partially disagree, being respectful hasn't helped a lot of fighters. Any publicity is good publicity. Conor Megregor, the Diaz brothers, Joana Champion, Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen, and Cody Garbrandt are some of the least respectful people in the sport. Stipe Miocic made less money than overeem at 203 and he's a respectful and exciting fighter+the hw champ

I partially disagree, being respectful hasn't helped a lot of fighters. Any publicity is good publicity. Conor Megregor, the Diaz brothers, Joana Champion, Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen, and Cody Garbrandt are some of the least respectful people in the sport. Stipe Miocic made less money than overeem at 203 and he's a respectful and exciting fighter
We've seen Tyron whine just like Al and no one cares about him still. Some people can pull disrespectful bs better than others (even more if they are champions, like the ones you mentioned). Iaquinta isn't one of them imo. at least now.

Al doesn't do much to market himself, complains alot, and goes on drunken twitter rampages everytime something doesn't go his way, and then acts shocked that the ufc doesnt invest more in him.

Those drunken twitter moments and trashing hotel rooms because he didn't get a bonus do nothing to remove the stereotype towards mma fighters or the ufc. Im sure ufc management got blamed for the hotel incident as well.

He is a good fighter, but comes across as a sensitive douche. When he kept his mouth shut, he was moving up at a fairly rapid rate and getting quite a bit of hype.

At 8-2 in the ufc, he does deserve better pay, but lashing out at everyone isn't going to help his cause.

This.

The fighters need to come together and demand fair representation, similar to what other professional athletes have. It would be very good for the growth and credibility of the UFC as well.

That 52 grand he was paid was because he won. He woulda made half otherwise. It's also going to be taxed. He also has to pay for his training camp. This guy was on the comain event on national tv. It is a joke. The pay is trash and it should be clear cut and fair.

The fighters need to come together and demand fair representation, similar to what other professional athletes have. It would be very good for the growth and credibility of the UFC as well.
I agree. A lot of the fighters are either too stupid or don't want to rock the boat because they have families. It's cool that Al doesn't suck up and be a beta male like Cowboy Cerrone and has a career to fall back on. Dude finishes his fights and is one of the best in the best division, he deserves more. People have to be assertive and wonder why people in other sports like football are so much better off

Back