How has Todd Grisham been as a commentator?

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I haven't been able to watch an event with him and was curious as to what you guys have thought about his commentating so far. It has to be better than "just what the doctor ordered" Anik.

Him shouting 'Get out of there Travis!!' when Browne was getting mauled by Lewis had me loling. Just for that, he's been awesome.

'The sport of UFC'

'Going under the weather'

And a couple others from last Saturday too, despite talking for a total of only 8 minutes during the whole event. I can say he will be responsible for several classics and memes around here.

He's like a b-level Mike Goldberg. Pretty absurd switch actually. But he's better than Anik that's for sure.

Time will tell, i liked his commentary from Saturday. I didn't mind Goldberg at first but he got quite annoying after a few years.

Him shouting 'Get out of there Travis!!' when Browne was getting mauled by Lewis had me loling. Just for that, he's been awesome.

Nice. I did watch the Platinum fight and I liked the "IT'S LIGHTS OUT IN NASHVILLE!!" call

1st event wasnt so hot.

this last one was fine. sounded happy to be there, and hes not scared to shout in excitement. makes it alot better on screen when you can feel the energy. UFC needs maruo to help balance out when joes not there though. im a cruz and dc fan but maruo would do wonders along side them

Nice. I did watch the Platinum fight and I liked the "IT'S LIGHTS OUT IN NASHVILLE!!" call
I caught that too. He's a little lacking in MMA knowledge but he does a good job of hyping, much better than Anik who sounds robotic. Plus, I've known him since the WWE days so I might be bias too lol.

If they had kept Goldie and replaced Anik with Grisham, all would be right in the world.

mehh.

I agree with some sherdoggers that he does a much better job in hyping fights but his lack of knowledge in combat sport makes me cringe a lot specially when he "suggested" that Alvey takes down Leites...

not a fan but only time will tell if he gets better.

I don't like it very much TBH
Probably because I'm used to hear the same voices on UFC broadcasting year by year. Then I felt it weird

Grisham is a little clumsy, but he fits. He's like a backup Goldberg. I don't think he's the best but he's not the worst either.

I was skeptical at first, but now I feel he brings a refreshing enthusiasm to the position. He's got a good voice and pitch for the job, he's cool with me!

He's had a few funny mistakes, but I think he'll get better. Offers more personality than Anik, at least...which isn't saying much, I know.

He's just what the doctor ordered.

He's great. I'm very picky, and he's great.

For those comparing him to Goldberg, you should've heard Goldberg when he started.

"Should Alvey try to take Leites to the ground?"

Draw your own conclusions.

Horrible and that's just a half-step ahead of what Mike was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back