Rafael Dos Anjos passed out

Strikes Again

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RDS says he passed out during the weight cut for Eddie Alverez fight.
Now, I didn't read the article because fuck it.
Sounds like an excuse of sorts.
If you're passing out during weight cuts RDS, then it's clear you should be a 170lbs fighter.

I thought I remembered reading months and months ago that there was going to be a monitor for these cuts and if the up and down was too much, then the fighter was disqualified from that division.

“I passed out in the bathtub, in the hot tub… I was out for like almost three minutes,” dos Anjos said (via MMAFighting.com). “My coaches were about to call 911 and cancel the fight because I was out on my bed, and they put some ice on my chest, and then I woke up and stayed on my bed for one hour.”

Well he is going to 170. So this is a non-issue.

fighters really need to stop cutting massive amounts of weight in desperation for a competitive edge. Fight at your natural weight.

Rda is a warrior, many would have pulled out.

When are these guys going to learn?

You can't eat tiramisu when trying to make weight!

<{Messi4}>

I imagine the scene between RDA and his coaches looked something like this....
FQW2XYRHD4VLIIF.jpg

Weight cuts are guys wanting to fight smaller opponents. Obviously not in every case 5 or so pounds, even ten, but he was cutting from 190's.

He also passed out for the Conor fight as well... Then he faked his bruised foot so he could duck Conor

Rafael Dos Anjos passed out ....

after Alvarez punched him

But it is if he's bringing it up. These weight cuts are killing these guys (almost literally). And for what? You're slightly bigger than your opponent on fight day?
Sometimes that's not even true. Sometimes the other guy is cutting even more, and due to his physique, it's not nearly as draining on him for one reason or another. So you're killing yourself just so you're not *quite* as outsized.

It's fucking ridiculous, but fighters will continue to cut weight if they feel it helps them.

I have no idea how fighters get through these weight cuts. Has to be extremely painful.

RDS says he passed out during the weight cut for Eddie Alverez fight.
Now, I didn't read the article because fuck it.
Sounds like an excuse of sorts.
If you're passing out during weight cuts RDS, then it's clear you should be a 170lbs fighter.

First line of the article my friend:

Rafael dos Anjos decided to move up to welterweight after losing two in a row in the UFC, but struggling to make 155 pounds was the main reason he decided to stop cutting so much weight

First line of the article my friend:

Rafael dos Anjos decided to move up to welterweight after losing two in a row in the UFC, but struggling to make 155 pounds was the main reason he decided to stop cutting so much weight
I did read it man. I know he's going up, obviously.
First response to the thread, he's going to 170

RDA must be thick boned or something. He looks like a typical LW. I doubt he's lying though, he's usually very low bf the week of the fight. As for people saying to stop cutting weight, and little advantages, etc. RDA is like 5'8 with a 70inch reach. He's pretty small at WW. Maybe his skill can make up for the size difference, but a guy like Wonderboy would tower over him and destroy him from a distance.

Back