Perry vs. Masvidal or Gunnar

Sid Arthur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After he knocked out Ellenberger, Perry was asked who he wanted next. He said anyone but then said something along the lines of, "Who beat my last opponent?"

At first I thought he was asking who beat Ellenberger last, and that would be Masvidal. Coming off his win over Cerrone, Masvidal would be a big ask and a big scalp, giving Perry the MMA Math victory over Cerrone! But that's not a fight he would be favorite to win.

Now I'm thinking Perry was referring who beat Jouban, his opponent before Ellenberger. Jouban was beat by Gunnar Nelson, which is a more winnable fight, I think most people would agree. Though perhaps Perry would rather brawl with Masvidal than grapple with Gunnar?

Perry woud lose to both Gunny and Gamebred

He has confidence and comes forward but Gunnar is very methodical and has beat better fighters and with Jorge, he is too fundemantally sound and would pick Perry apart, even hit TDs to stifle him

Would love to see him fight either. Might be a little to early to fight these guys. Maybe another 10-15 opponent first.

Both Gunnar and Masvidal would destroy Mike "Tin can" Perry.

He doesn't deserve to fight them anyway, throw him to a guy like Magny.

Perry Who?

5tCjged.gif

Give him Cerrone. He will get submitted by Gunnar and Masvidal either TKO him or UD

Love Perry, but homie just got pieced up by Jouban.

Gamebred would literally kill him.

If Masvidal loses to Maia he might be able to fight him, otherwise he won't get the shot. I get the feeling Gunnar will get booked against a top 6 opponent for his next fight as well. He would get beat by Masvidal but would have a decent chance against Gunnar in my opinion (Gunnar is fun to watch but overrated as fuck on sherdog)

Masvidal is way ahead. And he would probably run over Perry.

Gunnar does make more sense ranking-wise. I also could see it sell better because they could drag Conor into it somehow because he trains with Gunnar.

But either guy is probably too much for Perry. He has a puncher's chance of course though.

Nelson is not an easier fight. He'd tap Perry in the first round. Masvidal probably boxes him up too tho

A fight vs. Gunnar would be a nice way use MMAth to get the Jouban loss back...

of course the kink in that strategy is getting through Gunny.

Plats got good ground game but I'm skeptical that he could keep Gunny off of him when it went to the ground. Would be an interesting fight... but I don't want to see either of them lose to the other to be honest... so I wouldn't want it to happen.

This sounds like a good fight for him. Maybe Warlley Alves, Thiago or Erick Silva could be fun too. Barberena wouldn't be an awful fight.

Brown would be a huge ask, imho, great chin, strong resume. Erick Silva would be a fun fight but maybe not challenging enough. Perry wants someone above him in the rankings.

Back