Volkan Oezdemir is ranked a top 5 LHW...after only 1 fight...think about that...

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This guy, after being cut by Bellator, then beating some cans on a regional circuit, then taking an UGLY split decision victory over OSP (where OSP looked awful)

And he is now ranked the #5 LHW in the UFC rankings - after only (1) split decision victory

Without Rumble, Jones, Bader, Phil Davis, Rampage, etc...UFC LHW is WEAKKKKKKKKK

7Qvko.gif

Inb4

YxbxdJ.gif

Last edited:
The Lhw division used to be the most fun and competitive, them good ole days..

Since some fighters get title shots from the get-go, I couldn't care less about this can

Cormier will probably try to get him the next title shot, if he wins another fight

Admit 1

358w38l.png

UFC is an entertainment company first, not a sport company - rankings are there purely so you can have obligatory numbers next to fighters names.

Beauty about the ufc is it only takes a few years and division can become stacked again. Every division will have highs and lows. I expect as mma becomes bigger and bigger more fighters will start taking up mma as it's probably best paid other then boxing. Just be patient and in next 5 years it will be stacked. ME division looked shit a few year ago now it's stacked. WW division pretty good also

He beat OSP, Shogun lost to OSP in like 10 seconds, Bader went to Bellator, Rumble retired...

And there you have it Volkan ranked 5, before Cirkunov beats the bag out of him.

LHW could be so strong, if they stopped letting fighters go.

Krylov, Bader, Davis, McGeary, and probably many other Top 10 guys fighting outside the UFC.

This guy, after being cut by Bellator, then beating some cans on a regional circuit, then taking an UGLY split decision victory over OSP (where OSP looked awful)

And he is now ranked the #5 LHW in the UFC rankings - after only (1) split decision victory

Without Rumble, Jones, Bader, Phil Davis, Rampage, etc...UFC LHW is WEAKKKKKKKKK

7Qvko.gif

This is my criticism of the LHW division which is full of dinosaurs. It is a joke hearing JJ is p4p or goat or even worse, MM when he is crushing dinosaurs. LHW has been full of past prime broken fighters with very few exceptions. Dominating senior citizens is highly impressive. Wait wut?

He beat OSP, Shogun lost to OSP in like 10 seconds, Bader went to Bellator, Rumble retired...

And there you have it Volkan ranked 5, before Cirkunov beats the bag out of him.

Again, a division of dinosaurs and cans. JJ is a GOAT LHW but, its a classic example win by default. Who is in their prime atm? Very few. Its a far cry from the dominant division it once was.

currently the weakest male division since 2010 IMO

*manlet weight excluded since those aren't men but children

some of the MW's should move up

hopefully that raises his stocks for the betting ahead of his fight with Misha Cirkunov.

To add to this... What happens when the DC/Jones/Manuwa situation gets worked out. Gus is the only other 205'er that can compete at the top. Gotta push Cirkunov. Maybe Weidman could revive his career, at least it's a big name that the division desperately needs.

To add to this... What happens when the DC/Jones/Manuwa situation gets worked out. Gus is the only other 205'er that can compete at the top. Gotta push Cirkunov. Maybe Weidman could revive his career, at least it's a big name that the division desperately needs.
That's actually not a bad idea, Weidman is a huge middleweight who struggles with his cuts. He'd probably have a speed advantage at LHW as well.
Why not have Rockhold join him? He's also huge for the weight, and as of right now MW is a mess. They both could fight for the title at LHW by next year if they prove successful.

That's actually not a bad idea, Weidman is a huge middleweight who struggles with his cuts. He'd probably have a speed advantage at LHW as well.
Why not have Rockhold join him? He's also huge for the weight, and as of right now MW is a mess. They both could fight for the title at LHW by next year if they prove successful.

I guess the argument to that is then the mw division starts taking a hit with top talent. Rockhold is still very well in title contention at 185. But I agree neither of them would have to cut much weight at 205.

Yeah,the division is really shallow right now,but does anyone actually care about the UFC rankings?

This is my criticism of the LHW division which is full of dinosaurs. It is a joke hearing JJ is p4p or goat or even worse, MM when he is crushing dinosaurs. LHW has been full of past prime broken fighters with very few exceptions. Dominating senior citizens is highly impressive. Wait wut?

So LHW is full of dinosaurs,same with FLYW,i'm assuming you know HW probably has the oldest average age...so basically every division is full of dinosaurs and cans?It's a joke hearing JJ is p4p or goat but in your next post you call him that?You should just shut the fuck up lol.

he beat OSP because OSP was awful ?

now we should blame Volkan for this !!!!!

Don't know to much about the guy. But 205 is so weak right now that anybody ranked in the top 5 can get on a run towards a title shot.

Back