John Dodson wants fighters to stop ducking him...

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
While Dodson was unhappy with the fans, saying they should appreciate the “art” of MMA, he’s even more unhappy with the rest of the UFC roster for refusing to fight him and making it necessary to fight cautiously.

“When I put people to sleep, no one wants to fight me,” Dodson said after the bout. “When I fight intelligently, no one still wants to fight me. I don’t know what they want me to do. If fighters want to sit there and see that they have a fair chance, just step into the octagon, that’s the fair chance right there.

Once we sign on the dotted line, that’s the opportunity for you to train for me and know that you have to be ready. That’s all I want, people to say yes. I’ve been trying to fight every single month and everybody still says no. . .

“I just saw that Raphael Assuncao is gonna fight Marlon Moraes, the World Series champion coming into the UFC finally. I’ve been wanting to fight this dude for a while but Raphael Assuncao is gonna sit there and pass up on me three times:

Aljamain [Sterling] got hurt out in Albany, then I tried fighting him in Denver, and then I tried fighting him now and he still said no because... I don’t know if his balls haven’t dropped, he’s getting old, he’s getting hurt, he don’t want to deal with somebody that can actually crack him with speed? I know he’s getting old but we’re probably the same age and I can still see all the punches coming at me. It could be accounted to the fact that I don’t take a lot of abuse but I believe that everybody who is willing to be on the top should be saying ‘Yes.’”

“I’ve been telling Sean [Shelby], ‘Sean, why won’t you let me fight anybody?’ and he’s like, ‘No.’ I even tried fighting Tony Ferguson when Khabib didn’t make weight. I was like, ‘I’m flying in Dana. I’m weighing 156. I’ll make weight right now.’

Granted, I got called an idiot, but I was willing to take the fight. Somebody had to say yes. If people in my higher weight class are still gonna tell me no, I guess I’m just a terrorizer in every weight class. I am that nightmare that they’re just gonna be piling up on people.”

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/2...o-fight-im-a-terrorizer-in-every-weight-class

Last edited:
Is "fight intelligently" the new buzzword meaning boring?

I know Caraway has ducked Dodson twice. I say Rivera vs Dodoson.

I would actually pay to see Dodson vs ferguson. That would be hilarious.

Where's your kid at would start telling th guy he found his kid.

and fighters want him to stop evading them

After Dodson vs Lineker I skip Dodson fights.

Lol does Dodson forget just one fight prior he fought Lineker and looked scared as hell to engage him the entire fight and lost to a one dimensional Wanderlei Silva lite? He throws lefts and rights hooks and that was good enough to beat Dodson.

If he actually thinks Tony Ferguson is afraid to fight him, he is beyond delusional.

Tony would easily beat him.

latest

yes im posting this because hes black

Lol does Dodson forget just one fight prior he fought Lineker and looked scared as hell to engage him the entire fight and lost to a one dimensional Wanderlei Silva lite? He throws lefts and rights hooks and that was good enough to beat Dodson.

Gift decision

Most of the time a guy jumping up in weight, fighting the heaviest hitter in a bigger weight class and still arguably winning would get more respect.

That Sterling fight is the one to make next I think but I do remember him running from Lineker the whole fight even waving bye bye at him while on his bicycle so he's gonna need to go out there and make a statement in his next fight for the brass to take him seriously as a contender.

Back