Buffer goes back to saying "Big" John McCarthy

MCarpo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that, during this weekend's fights, Bruce Buffer once again added "Big" to John McCarthy's name every time he introduced him? This is the first time in many years he's used the nickname, and I'm curious what brought about the change.

Come to think of it, I'm actually curious why he dropped it in the first place. McCarthy tweeted a few months back that the UFC had told Buffer to stop saying "Big," but that doesn't make much sense considering that the commentators never stopped.

Strangely enough, he has now started calling Johny Hendricks "John Rigg"

There actually was a time that the commentators didn't call him that. Remember when he quit being a ref and was commentating fights and stuff and was talking all kinds of shit about Dana and UFC? Man that was like 8 or 9 rears ago now I guess, time flies. Well when he started reffing again I remember that for a while Rogan and Goldie would always just call him McCarthy they would never refer to him as Big John. I remember thinking, Jesus Christ this is really damn petty Dana lmao. No idea what is up with the Buffer thing though I never really noticed that.

Once, in the 90s. boxing announcer Ferdie Pacheco messed up and called Riddick Bowe "Ruddock Buttock"

QzrpedH.gif

People have too much time on their hands, and too big of an attention span lol

Back