Can Al hang with the top 3?

C0NCH3TO

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I won't include Khabib cause the guy is done to me. So you got Mcgregor, Cucuy and Eddie....can he beat them?
Imo Ferguson beats him. Mcgregor is a wild card as always, if he can exploit his wresslin/bjj deficiencies he can beat him. He beats Eddie, imo.

I hope he gets a good contract and Dana/Ari cut the bs. Pay the man....ffs.....He is a great fighter and is missing prime years.

Nope. Chiesa still beats him too.

Al is tough, but Cucuy, McG, and Khabib run him over.

He looked great last night. I'd like to see him get the winner of Eddie and Dustin next.

Won't knoow til it happens. Al has some serious boxing which seems to be Tony and Khabib's kryptonite.

Al is tough, but Cucuy, McG, and Khabib run him over.

Khabib doesn't really count anymore though. Can't fight during one quarter of the year due to his religion, and can't fight in the other three due to injuries.

He should fight Edson Barboza next, or maybe Michael Johnson or even the winner of Alvarez or Poirier. Lots of fights for him.

Nope. Chiesa still beats him too.
I completely disagree. Chiesa has some horrible striking, and Iaquinta beats him quite easily imo. He got caught before, and he got caught vs Clarke; but minus some mental lapses, Iaquinta and any good strikers with semi-decent takedown defense are all a nightmare for Chiesa.

I did not include Khabib cause the guy never fights. Im done expecting him to show up and fight.
Khabib doesn't really count anymore though. Can't fight during one quarter of the year due to his religion, and can't fight in the other three due to injuries.

Fair enough fellas.

I think Al MIGHT have a shot against Alvarez, but McG and Tony would own him.

No, he could be a solid top 10 fighter, but Ferguson styles on him, Khabib smashes him, and McGregor probably will probably be at HW by then lmao

After destroying the main event Khabib should be forced like Gastelum to take at least 1 fight at WW before considering him for a 155 fight.

If he does not do it well go away. I definitely dont want Khabib as a champ who defends 1x / 3 years.

Imo Al can hang with the Top 5. Imo he would be the underdog against all of them but who knows. They should definitely give him an oponent ranked this high next.

I won't include Khabib cause the guy is done to me. So you got Mcgregor, Cucuy and Eddie....can he beat them?
Imo Ferguson beats him. Mcgregor is a wild card as always, if he can exploit his wresslin/bjj deficiencies he can beat him. He beats Eddie, imo.

I hope he gets a good contract and Dana/Ari cut the bs. Pay the man....ffs.....He is a great fighter and is missing prime years.

Al La Quinta gets beat by anyone in the top 10.....

He KO'd un-ranked, PTS'd , over the hill Diego.....let's not get carried away here

Pay him for what? How many tickets does he sell? And he is missing his prime years because of his own shortsighted choices. It really is amazing that so many people around here latch on to any guy who consistently makes idiotic and selfish decisions and then pretend that their lack of financial success is the UFCs fault.

hard to say we have never seen the guy fight any of the division's elite and considering how inactive he is and those constant "im gonna shit on the UFC" rants i don't see that happening anytime soon

Al La Quinta gets beat by anyone in the top 10.....

He KO'd un-ranked, PTS'd , over the hill Diego.....let's not get carried away here
Mcgregor got bitchslaped and choked out by a lw gatekeeper who was coming off getting trashed by Thompson , Benson and Rda. Look how things went for Mcgoat after that loss.

He should be put on the same card as top 5 guys as an injury fill in.... he should be scheduled 6 or 7-10.

Mcgregor got bitchslaped and choked out by a lw gatekeeper who was coming off getting trashed by Thompson , Benson and Rda. Look how things went for Mcgoat after that loss.
All those guys have better wins then La Quinta...what exactly is your point here jerky?

Back