Theory: Lobov slaughter setting up Swanson as a potential Conor matchup to help him keep the title.

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The narrative would be that Conor is pissed at Cub for beating his training partner. It would allow Conor a favorable matchup (Cub isn't shooting on Conor unless they're in the clinch and probably can't hold him down unless Conor is rocked). This gives Conor the best chance of keeping his double-reign look alive (or a reign at all) by moving back to 145 to reclaim some dubious title. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Cub would have to go through Aldo/Hollaway . Don't see either handing the belt over to him

My thoughts are that not everything in MMA has to do with Conor McGregor and I'd like more people to understand that.

Conor and Cub actually have a history of not being each others biggest fans, going back to McGs early rise at FW.

Cub basically said he was a clown who didn't deserve the big fights. This of course was well before Conor went on to smash the likes of Brandao, Poirier, Mendes & Aldo.

The narrative would be that Conor is pissed at Cub for beating his training partner. It would allow Conor a favorable matchup (Cub isn't shooting on Conor unless they're in the clinch and probably can't hold him down unless Conor is rocked). This gives Conor the best chance of keeping his double-reign alive. Thoughts?
Kill yourself.

Cub would have to go through Aldo/Hollaway . Don't see either handing the belt over to him
Crazier things have been done. What's to stop one of them from getting hurt? popping for roids? etc...

Conor and Cub actually have a history of not being each others biggest fans, going back to McGs early rise at FW.

Cub basically said he was a clown who didn't deserve the big fights. This of course was well before Conor went on to smash the likes of Brandao, Poirier, Mendes & Aldo.
Yeah but they need a counternarrative for why it matters to Conor, not why someone would want to fight Conor. Every knows or has said that about Conor.

They're in different weight classes

I was under the impression that Conor was stripped of the FW belt ages ago?

My thoughts are that not everything in MMA has to do with Conor McGregor and I'd like more people to understand that.
You're replying to a thread about a grotesquely stupid slaughter over 5 rounds in the main event that paired a Top 4 contender against a club-guy who was there because he trains with Conor. Period. So yes, not everything has to do with Conor, but this does. I'd like more people to understand that.

I'm sure Uncle Dana could find a way around that minor inconvenience. Probably the word interim would be involved somehow

Yeah but they need a counternarrative for why it matters to Conor, not why someone would want to fight Conor. Every knows or has said that about Conor.

Yeah, I know, was just pointing out that they haven't really liked each other from the getgo.

I think it would be pretty cool to see Cub & McG throw down, but Conors power would likely be far too much for Cub.

The "avenging Artem" angle would probably sell tho. haha

No Thanks

Conor should defend his belt next against Ferguson. nothing else

If true, that did not go according to plan.
Lobov exposed Cub and then got robbed.

Artem 48-47

The narrative would be that Conor is pissed at Cub for beating his training partner. It would allow Conor a favorable matchup (Cub isn't shooting on Conor unless they're in the clinch and probably can't hold him down unless Conor is rocked). This gives Conor the best chance of keeping his double-reign alive. Thoughts?

You realize Conor isn't the FW champ anymore right?

How can he retain a title he doesn't have? Try again...

Back