So what is next for Cub?

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
1) Aldo vs Holloway winner
With Aldo winning I think Aldo will try to chase McGregor fight, although I think Aldo vs Swanson 2 is an interesting fight
With Holloway winning - idk, maybe he try to call Conor out to come down at 145 for a rematch. Holloway vs Cub 2 is an interesting fight, since I think Cub was not 100% in the first fight (he was not there mentally after devastating Edgar loss, lost his 7 fight winning streak & title hopes)

2) Lamas vs Korean Zombie winner (if this fight happens) as a n1 contender fight.
He has history with Lamas, their first fight was actually very exciting so I would love to see the rematch. Korean Zombie on the other hand needs one more solid win before getting the n1 contender fight so I think Lamas vs KZ should happen first and if he wins, it should be Cub vs Zombie

What is next for Cub ?
bonus:

Give him Yair after he ko's Frankie. Winner gets title shot.

I like Cub but it's hard to give a guy who has lost to every person ranked above him a title shot.

I like Cub but it's hard to give a guy who has lost to every person ranked above him a title shot.
I agree, but not every fight is the same, he deserves at least one rematch to prove himself

giphy.gif

I agree, but not every fight is the same, he deserves at least one rematch to prove himself
I think he should fight Yair/Frankie winner and if he wins that fight then gets the title shot.

Honestly though it's a complicated situation

If Frankie beats Yair, have him rematch Aldo after he sends Max back to Disneyland.

Yair vs Cub needs to happen eventually.

Completely depends on next few fights.
If Frankie and Aldo win, they're not gonna do Aldo/Frankie 3. So Cub would make sense for next FW shot.
If Holloway and Frankie win, they haven't fought before and they'll prob do that fight.
If Yair and Aldo win, Yair will get the next shot.
If Yair and Holloway win, Yair will get the next shot.

So basically, 3/4 outcomes result in Cub not getting the next shot. Which makes sense, Cub's last 2 wins were over not top 5 or top 10 guys.

I think he should fight Yair/Frankie winner and if he wins that fight then gets the title shot.

Honestly though it's a complicated situation
Lamas is more winnable fight then Edgar I think, but Ricardo is one trick pony, he always capitalizes on one small mistake, while Edgar can beat the crap out of you for 5 rounds. Cub has some success in Lamas fight, but not in Edgar's

Next for Mike Perry is being UFC champion

Not sure about Cub tho

If Frankie beats Yair, have him rematch Aldo after he sends Max back to Disneyland.
There's almost zero chance they do Frankie Aldo 3 so close to the last one. So long as Aldo has the belt, i don't think Frankie is ever getting another shot. Personally i think if Aldo wins, Frankie will drop to BW.

Back