Question: After seeing Dominick Cruz, Korean Zombie and Al Iaquinta...

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
... having great performances after a long layoff, do you believe Jones can fuck DC up after his long layoff too?

Yes, it´s obvious that level of competition does matter and I think the only true tough opponent was Bermudez. But anyways, I do think Cruz and Iaquinta performances were very good indeed, regardless of their opponents's level. They looked sharp.

mizugaki%2Btko.gif

7ujgjXV.gif

USATSI_10026861_168382968_lowres-640x479.jpg

Obviously DC is on another level, but we´re talking about Jones, the LHW goat...

I´m rooting for DC on this one, but I wouldn´t be surprised one bit if Jones makes it look easy like these guys above did, and came back just as good as always.

Thoughts?

Iaquinta was fighting a guy that hasn't been good in yeeeeears, and Cruz/KZ were fighting middle-of-the-pack ranked guys - Jones will be jumping right into the deep end and going straight up against the champ, so it'll be a MUCH harder test with less room for any error.

That said, if anyone can do it and make it look effortless then it's Jones.

Fighters respond differently to layoffs. Bones showed in the OSP fight he doesn'like layoffs.

Dom Cruz says that ring rust is a myth. I believe him.

Who can say man...

Did they piss hot as well ?

You're assuming Jones will actually make it to the fight without screwing up again. I'd like to believe he's grown up and is a changed man, but...

Dom Cruz says that ring rust is a myth. I believe him.

I personally chalk that up as one of those 'things-that-might-not-necessarily-be-completely-true-but-fighters-have-to-tell-themselves-anyways-if-they-want-to-be-the-best', things.

Last edited:
Every day that passes in another day past DCs prime. The more time that passes before that fight happens aint doing DC any good

Back