I don't think people understand how much of a warrior Cub Swanson Is

Gangstub

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He's up there with the most respected fighters of all time to me. He comes to fight everytime & has fought the best. And he just keeps on going. I still remember watching this video 2 years ago he was talking about retirement after he broke his jaw & split his hand. And to see him come back & go on a 4 fight winning streak, while the rest of those Greg Jackson bums are losing, it's great motivation for anyone.

This is guy one those fighters thatdeserve to get promoted & paid well, not Khabib.

Y'all really have no clue who Cub Swanson is do you?

I like Cub, but I remain very critical of his choice to even take a fight with Artem. Cub talks about his "path to greatness," but what does a fight against such a lowly ranked opponent do for him besides line his pockets? Cub came out of the Choi fight with a ton of heat and, as a top 5 fw, should have used that buzz to make the case for a title-eliminator fight. Instead he took what he likely thought was an easy fight, which turned out to be not quite that easy, and got a W that does nothing for his place in the division. Cub's shown he's a warrior, especially in that unforgettable Choi fight, but I don't like his decision to fight Conor's ball barnacle at all.

On the contrary I don't think people really understand what a warrior PMP is

became a fan after his last fight against the asian dude. I bet on the asian dude.

What a war. Both warriors

Cub has been my favorite fighter since his first fight in the UFC. After all this time it's awesome to see so many others finally get what makes him special. Sure, he'll never be the best. But he brings that something extra that makes me love to watch him in the cage. I just want to see him get one title shot. I know he almost certainly loses, but the guy has earned the chance.

Maurice Smith is undoubtedly a pioneer of MMA.

I like Cub, but I remain very critical of his choice to even take a fight with Artem. Cub talks about his "path to greatness," but what does a fight against such a lowly ranked opponent do for him besides line his pockets? Cub came out of the Choi fight with a ton of heat and, as a top 5 fw, should have used that buzz to make the case for a title-eliminator fight. Instead he took what he likely thought was an easy fight, which turned out to be not quite that easy, and got a W that does nothing for his place in the division. Cub's shown he's a warrior, especially in that unforgettable Choi fight, but I don't like his decision to fight Conor's ball barnacle at all.

You saw how the fight went, Lobov isn't as bad as his record suggests. Plus I think you dodged the TS message. Cub has had two jaw surgeries, he is a warrior

Been one of my very favorites since I saw his amazing work vs. Pearson in 2012.

Swanson-KO-Pearson-2.gif

One of the most creative fighters in the game, on par with Tony Ferguson, Tim Elliott and very few others. It's always a pleasure to watch him try (and land!) all those crazy moves while scowling and raising his hand to his ear as to ignite the crowd.

I'm pretty sure he wanted to get paid and took what was given to him

Athlete, not warrior. We're in the 21st century here, not ancient Greece.

Athlete, not warrior. We're in the 21st century here, not ancient Greece.
Warrior - a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.

Cub's a brave, experienced fighter a.k.a. warrior.

If your boss came to you with a proposition that you knew would pay well and increase your chances of getting another TS while possibly being easy work would you honestly turn them down?what would he say? "well ethically I don't think this is a good look for me, fighting a middle of the pack guy while headlining a card"?

Do you even job bro?

He's up there with the most respected fighters of all time to me. He comes to fight everytime & has fought the best. And he just keeps on going. I still remember watching this video 2 years ago he was talking about retirement after he broke his jaw & split his hand. And to see him come back & go on a 4 fight winning streak, while the rest of those Greg Jackson bums are losing, it's great motivation for anyone.

This is guy one those fighters thatdeserve to get promoted & paid well, not Khabib.

Amazing. Definitely among my favorites as well. He's had a great career, fought the best of the best. Went out guns blazing no matter who stood in front of him. Flashy style, well-rounded. Wild and aggressive in the cage, humble, composed and well-spoken outside of it.
I love this guy, nohomo. Hope he gets that title shot next and manages to get his hands on that belt. He is certainly deserving of it.

The only thing that made it remotely competitive was Lobov's toughness. I was impressed he managed to survive 5 rounds.

Lobov clearly shouldn't have been gifted a fight against Swanson, but criticism of Lobov is a bit over the top (in typical Sherdog fashion).

If your boss came to you with a proposition that you knew would pay well and increase your chances of getting another TS while possibly being easy work would you honestly turn them down?what would he say? "well ethically I don't think this is a good look for me, fighting a middle of the pack guy while headlining a card"?

Do you even job bro?
Do you even analogy, bro? Being a top 5 contender in MMA is not very much like your job or mine. The issue is not that he took an easy payday, it's that he says he wants to "achieve greatness." Well, which is it? If Cub had pushed for a fight against another top 5 guy and won, he would have had a very compelling case for a title shot and a true chance for greatness. If you're going to take an easy fight just for the money, admitting as much is all you gotta do. Don't act like you're on a quest to prove yourself against the best in the world and then take a fight against Artem Lobov.

Much respect for the Killer Cub! I get always excited when he fights. The fight with Frankie was a bit of a let down but then again that was Frankie, and at his best, he was on point that night. Before that, Cub was tearing down good fighters, I was so excited to see him in a rematch with Aldo. Stylistically great fun fight.

Lobov has a fucking chin lol. And you can see training with Conor for years has done wonders to him, keeping his calm there and even though he gets outclassed, he can hang in there in the end.

Back