Why Can't there be more cards like UFC 205?

liteitup

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Why can't they make more stacked cards with the best of the best like 205 consistently? 1 or 2 stacked events a year is all they got? they have 11 divisions! usually with more you can do more it seemed like when the ufc was less they did more ironicly.Why is this?

Probably greed, both on the fighters and promotions part. If you can do solid buys with one good main event, why stack the card? If fighters are demanding more money at every turn, why would you want them on the undercard eating into your profits?

Honestly in my opinion when they do stacked cards like that it really drains the well. They had squat left in the holster for January and February in 2017 because of cards like 205.

Because Dana is an idiot who's sole intention is to squeeze every possible ounce of profit out of the fighters, at the expense of product quality and in turn longevity.

They only did that to tend to the desires of New York.

Dana wanted to make a big boom in New York and essentially honey-dick the entire state into thinking that this was the best they had to offer and the norm for the UFC.

Meanwhile we have upcoming cards in Chesapeake which look like total garbo, much like this week's Nashville card.

211 looks pretty stacked to me

No superstars right now. Conor runs the whole show and he's too busy renting supercars.

The next PPV UFC 211 looks fucking awesome

Keep in mind since the sale,, the guy that put cards together for years was replaced.

I think that should be about the minimum accepted PPV lineup. There were two WMMA fights on that main card so...

I'd much rather have one really great PPV per month and no fight nights or Fox events, etc. than to put up with mediocre cards all the time. I can't get pumped for something like

PPV's main card should be (almost exclusively) for top 5 ranked guys only.
Prelims are for fan favourite gate keepers, the odd WMMA (even though I despise it) and skyrocketing up and commers.

The rest of the stable can go to lesser orgs so you still get your MMA fix.
I feel that anything under the UFC banner should be the best vs the best.

Back