There should be more Moreno love in here.

Dart Feld

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
tumblr_oou9rnIeoy1rofocqo1_500.gif

Practically finished Dustin Ortiz twice in the same fight who's a tough out for most FlyWs and had never been finished before.

He's still a bit rough around the edges but is very young, steadily improving, and hones in on a finish like a shark. I just hope they don't rush him as bad as they did Horiguchi. All in all a very bright prospect in a division that has been needing new blood to rise up.

Tim Elliott next?

My favorite flyweight since Kyoji left, you're spot on he is not ready for MM yet but he is getting better every fight and is as good of a finisher as anybody in the division. He needs a 4-6 ranked guy next and then a top 3 and if he wins them both he will be ready to take on MM.

I mean he's already beaten 2 top 10 ranked guys in 3 UFC fights and he's only 23, MM better keep an eye on him for their inevitable future fight

Missed the fight and i know Ortiz is solid.

Sadly, does thos make him the MMs next fight?

Missed the fight and i know Ortiz is solid.

Sadly, does thos make him the MMs next fight?

You never know with the pace MM defends his belt but it's looking like they won't jump the gun. Benavidez III or possibly Lil Pettis if he gets past Cejudo are most likely the top options for MM's next title fight. After that it's Borg and Moreno in a tight race probably.

Last edited:
Dustin Ortiz sorta seems likes a mini-Marquardt to me.

But yeah, I'm starting to really like Moreno. Another great win.

Moreno is a gamer. He's improved drastically since TUF. Really like the guy then, like him even more now.

You never know with the pace MM defends his belt but it's looking like they won't jump the gun. Benavidez III or possibly Lil Pettis if he gets past Cejudo are most likely the top options for MM's next title fight. After that it's Borg and Moreno in a tight race probably.
Yea i was kinda joking. I actually thought Borg would be that dude, but didnt he lose recently?

Definately if Pettis beats Benavidez he'll get it. Im not blaming anyone, just pointing out the lil dude LITERALLY has cleaned out his division, so anyone the throw at him next will seem forced.

I hope they give Moreno more time. He's talented and I think he has a high ceiling, but he still seems pretty raw. In a few years he might be very formidable.

I hope they give Moreno more time. He's talented and I think he has a high ceiling, but he still seems pretty raw. In a few years he might be very formidable.
Problem is its hard to build a guy through that division when the champ has beat everyone.

It would kinda be good if MM got injured and had to take 2 years off

Yea i was kinda joking. I actually thought Borg would be that dude, but didnt he lose recently?

Definately if Pettis beats Benavidez he'll get it. Im not blaming anyone, just pointing out the lil dude LITERALLY has cleaned out his division, so anyone the throw at him next will seem forced.

Borg did lose handily to Scoggins but he's bounced back well and is coming off a win over a big name in Formiga. MM def. has cleaned out FlyW. It's gotten to the point where the fights are just a showcase for MM's technique.

I understand MM wanting to extend the title defense record but the division could really use a breather to produce a well prepared exciting challenger. But that isn't his problem.

I'd love for them to give him that time but I wouldn't be shocked if he was challenging by early next year. MM keeps a breakneck pace for a champ and the UFC doesn't really seem keen on developing prospects past a certain point in FlyW nor promoting them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they at least let him get a few more fights before he's locked in with the mauling mouse.

Awesome fighter and a great underdog story too. Big fan.

Borg did lose handily to Scoggins but he's bounced back well and is coming off a win over a big name in Formiga. MM def. has cleaned out FlyW. It's gotten to the point where the fights are just a showcase for MM's technique.

I understand MM wanting to extend the title defense record but the division could really use a breather to produce a well prepared exciting challenger. But that isn't his problem.

I'd love for them to give him that time but I wouldn't be shocked if he was challenging by early next year. MM keeps a breakneck pace for a champ and the UFC doesn't really seem keen on developing prospects past a certain point in FlyW nor promoting them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they at least let him get a few more fights before he's locked in with the mauling mouse.
Not about your post.

But FYI you just quoted two Sherdog GOATS at once.

Congrats

I'm a fan, he is a exciting fighter and fun to watch!

Maybe he'll beat a few guys than fight the # 1 fighter on the planet!! Who also beat guys that won a few fights but nobody remmebers them.

Agree, he's one of few FLWs who has a bright future in him. More guys like him and Tim Elliott - and I'll start to appreciate flyweights as a division (so far I have only liked a few individual prospects) .

Back