Artem Good or Cub Fighting to Level of Competition?

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Decent fight, but Cub didn't look all that great. Artem showed me some heart tonight, still wonder about if he belongs in the UFC

Last edited:
I was surprised, several times, that Cub didn't finish it. He clearly had Artem hurt and had great success with some creative striking, but he kept falling back to basic boxing for some reason.

Not sure if it was his cardio, or maybe he didn't realize he had Artem hurt.

I think it was a bit of both Artem improved, Cub looked flatter than usual. Maybe those early leg kicks too a toll, or Cub just had a very conservative game plan.

Cub beat his ass, about as I expected.

It was a one-sided beat-down.

Cub was the only person with something to lose in that fight. Clearly outclassed Lobov, who's a durable guy (13 losses and only one by KO/TKO I think).

Artem is tough as shit and has an awkward style. Took Cub a while to find his rythym.

I was surprised, several times, that Cub didn't finish it. He clearly had Artem hurt and had great success with some creative striking, but he kept falling back to basic boxing for some reason.

Not sure if it was his cardio, or maybe he didn't realize he had Artem hurt.

His cardio looked bad but Artems looked worse. He def didn't pull the trigger when he had him hurt, I think he was worried bout blowing his load

Mostly Cub fighting conservatively, trying not to hurt his resurgent career momentum with a fluke loss; a little of Artem proving to be durable beyond his actual skill level.

Neither imo. Cub outclassed him, but Artem is very tough and Cub didn't have any special need to lay it all out and KO Artem.

Cub won easily. That's what he was supposed to do. Artem fans are just happy he didn't faceplant and in their eyes that counts as a win. Lulz.

Neither imo. Cub outclassed him, but Artem is very tough and Cub didn't have any special need to lay it all out and KO Artem.
Pretty much. He knew if he continued doing what he was doing he'd win handily.

Artem is tough and was crafty enough to steal the first round while Cub was figuring out his timing.

It's hard to know for sure. It seemed like Cub was tentative and was content to just outpoint Artem. Maybe Cub didn't have confidence in his cardio, or maybe Artem was hitting him hard enough to make him worry about getting caught. Artem did land a few good counters, but it seemed like when Cub threw combos Artem didn't have an answer. He was countering off single strikes a lot better.

Artum has a chin.

But beyond that, Cub thoroughly outclassed him.

If Artem's chin wasn't iron and Cub got the KO on the spinning elbow or one of the various other clean hard shots he landed, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Cub looked versatile, patient, and dominant.

surprised to see you not shitting on artem bud.

artem is definitely better than his record suggests, and whether people want to admit it or not he was competitive in there.

he was landing some good shots every round, good leg kicks too. not sure why everyone is just ignoring all the decent shots he landed, probably just bias and listening to brian stann.

if artem wasn't associated with conor he'd be getting more love.

Last edited:
Back