FACT: Cub Swanson is featherfisted

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everyone giving credit to Artem and Doo because of their "chins", but the fact is Cub lacks real KO power

He's got good boxing and good timing, his striking is good, but not in terms of power

He's landed the cleanest, perfectly timed left hooks on Artem and Doo, and couldnt even phase them.

He's got 8 KO/TKO out of 25 wins, with most of them being sub-par competition, and hasnt had a KO/TKO in 8 fights.

His boxing trainer is Joel Diaz, who trained guys like Tim Bradley (a brawler with no KO power)

cubpearson.gif

Here is Cub knocking Ross Pearson out moving backwards.

FACT: Far too many members are too dim to manage posting their comments in existing threads. Instead, they create numerous threads about the same topic and/or fighter.

FACT: TS thinks their opinion carries weight.

FACT: It doesn't.

Fact: TS shit posts to give himself artificial "belt status" when he just proved that he's pretty new to watching MMA.

Then it's a good thing Cub fights at featherweight.

MORON ALERT

op cant his wrong opinion in one of the many threads discussing the fight, WOW!

He ain't the best KO artist, but he has decent power, he can knock guys out for sure. His hands are more fast and accurate than powerful. He has stopped some good guys before

3.gif

This Tekken combo is what made me take note of Cub's skills. Fighters like him, Condit, Mike Perry are just different. They don't follow the rules of the game.

Everyone giving credit to Artem and Doo because of their "chins", but the fact is Cub lacks real KO power

He's got good boxing and good timing, his striking is good, but not in terms of power

He's landed the cleanest, perfectly timed left hooks on Artem and Doo, and couldnt even phase them.

He's got 8 KO/TKO out of 25 wins, with most of them being sub-par competition, and hasnt had a KO/TKO in 8 fights.

His boxing trainer is Joel Diaz, who trained guys like Tim Bradley (a brawler with no KO power)
Like Lobov, they can KO guys, but doing it as a counter. Fighting each other, theyre both on the back foot to counter, so theyre seeing punches, even if theyre landing. If a ko were to have come from either guy tonight, its a clean shot landing while both are attacking simultaneously. That didnt happen much.

3.gif

This Tekken combo is what made me take note of Cub's skills. Fighters like him, Condit, Mike Perry are just different. They don't follow the rules of the game.
No arguement, just wondering what exclusive group Condit, Perry and Cub are in?

No arguement, just wondering what exclusive group Condit, Perry and Cub are in?

Fighters who just have something extra. I guess there's nothing objective about it and it's just opinion, but most fighters follow these patterns of attack, reset footwork, telegraph next attack etc, but then there are others for who it's still a fight and they're crafty within the rules. Doesn't really sound like it makes sense as I type it out, but I think I'm onto something.

Cubs throws bombs. Lobov took them and some dont. Most of Cubs fights are fun to watch. He is usually refreshing after a cappy ppv. When I hear Cub is fighting, I tune in. Can't ask much more out of a fighter.

Fighters who just have something extra. I guess there's nothing objective about it and it's just opinion, but most fighters follow these patterns of attack, reset footwork, telegraph next attack etc, but then there are others for who it's still a fight and they're crafty within the rules. Doesn't really sound like it makes sense as I type it out, but I think I'm onto something.
Yea your not wrong. Im sure there are dozens of fighters that fit that criteria. Just seemed like an odd "shortlist".

Back