Did you gain respect for Artem after this fight?

Alpha Brain

Anti Troll
Banned
Reaction score
He definitely surprised me tonight. I thought he was tough as nails. I'm reading a lot of people saying he got dominated and he didn't do well and they gained no respect but these people were all predicting a knockout. Everyone who predicted a finish was wrong. Artem did well to survive IMO. Thoughts?

Had respect for the man before the fight.

Have even more for him after!!

Will be a fan win lose or draw Artem is the man!!

He has a hell of a chin... just no skills to go along with it

I respect him as a guy who showed he belonged in the UFC. He's tough, has heart, and swang for the fences. I can always respect those qualities.

I don't think he did as well as some people seem to think. I don't really see him as a main card kind of talent, let alone main event.

Well to be honest people have always been critical of him just because hes "Conor's training partner" and has a terrible record. (I bet a lot of people who talk shit just look at his record and don't actually watch his fights) If anything he never got the props he deserved for his win over Ishihara who was a decent fighter coming off 3 knock out wins and was a clear favorite.

He has decent skills. Wouldn't call him good, but wouldn't flat out call him terrible as well. What hes truly lacking is reach, but there is nothing he can do about that.

yes. he won one round and that's way more than i expected from him. before the ichihara fight, I didn't think he was UFC material at all. Now I think he is.

You know what they say about "tough" fighters...

No, but that's only because I always respected Artem. He did what I expected him to do, which was to be tough as fuck & make it a real fight, even against a top fighter.

Actually, I take that back. I respect Artem's game a little more, because those takedowns he hit on Cub surprised me.

*Didn't get knocked out in the first round.

Damn, this guy is tough. Mad respect for this guy.

I don't think toughness makes a great or good fighter. Aside from staying conscious, what exactly did Artem do that looked good tonight?

It wasn't a action heavy back and forth fight. Cub looked lesser than he should have, and Artem landed some shots here and there.

And I certainly respect him, but I don't think it was a good fight or that he performed well.

Didn't learn anything we didn't already know, but at least he proved he isn't a push over again.

He definitely surprised me tonight. I thought he was tough as nails. I'm reading a lot of people saying he got dominated and he didn't do well and they gained no respect but these people were all predicting a knockout. Everyone who predicted a finish was wrong. Artem did well to survive IMO. Thoughts?

50-45.

He survived,

The same thing Diego used to do. Bright future for Lobov....

I don't think toughness makes a great or good fighter. Aside from staying conscious, what exactly did Artem do that looked good tonight?

It wasn't a action heavy back and forth fight. Cub looked lesser than he should have, and Artem landed some shots here and there.
Takes more than "toughness" to survive against the number 4 ranked fighter in the world. If he was as bad as people seem to think he would have gotten starched regardless if hes "tough".

For an example Jacare is a good example of a fighter who shows the difference between an elite and the rest.

So now we are praising fighters for lasting 5 rounds? Seriously reaching to find reasons to cheer on Lobov.

The guy talks massive amounts of shit. Has a 50/50 record. A losing record in the UFC. And got dominated tonight. But he juggles Conor's balls, so let's give him another main event fight and let him tweet nonsense.

His skill level isn't commensurate with fighting in the top 5 and certainly not for headlining a card. It was a mistake. I know the UFC has taken a hard turn into entertainment and away from meritocracy, but it doesn't please me to see things like this.

I respect all UFC fighters, they're all impossibly tough. We didn't learn anything new about Artem tonight, other then he can absorb a lot of punishment. So could Stephan Bonnar.

I respect anyone who can win fights in the UFC and puts their health on the line to entertain me. Even if I don't like their character.

And I certainly respect him, but I don't think it was a good fight or that he performed well.

It would have been same as the Choi fight if artem wasn't so durable. Cub rocked Choi bad. He didn't really rock artem to that point.

It was expected

Back