MMA Fans Have Such Short Term Memory

MightyLeprechaun

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is there any other sport where 2-3 losses can pretty much end your career?

Anderson Silva, Greatest ever by far; 2 losses to Chris Weidman and now he's tarnished

Ronda Rousey, Once EVER athlete, Greatest female athlete of any sport.; 2 losses, She was never good, fraud, terrible fighter.

Jose Aldo, Greatest technical fighter ever, one of the longest championship winning streaks; ONE loss now he's looked at as damaged goods.

Anthony Pettis, The prodigy, the showtime kid, phenom striker; Few losses, fades into oblivion

Rashad Evans, 22-2 best record ever, guy who KTFO Chuck; 2 losses, nobody gives a shit.

I'm sure there is tons of other fighters i'm forgetting.

Brutal sport. Funny thing is everyone thinks the current stars will be around forever. Conor will be remembered similar to everyone I mentioned above. Rent those Lamborghini's while you have the chance. GSP and Jones are the only hope to retire ahead, hopefully GSP isn't humiliated by the Brit.

PED's tarnished Silva more than his Loss to Weidman

I disagree with Silva, he's also lost to Cormier and should have lost to Brunson, and had a close fight with Nick, and hasn't won a fight in like 4 years now, and he's still remembered as a legend.

Ronda has been exposed
Not true with Aldo and Pettis

Rashad should stop fighting

Most of it is just people trying to be entertaining trolls on sherdog. I'd be surprised if people outside of here thought any of those fighters were shit.

just wanna make a distinction: the people calling Ronda 'once ever' are not the same people saying she was a fraud now. and some people never bought into the hype. Also, she was clearly, very clearly, not 'once ever' and not the greatest. she was brutalized twice during her 'peak'.

just wanna make a distinction: the people calling Ronda 'once ever' are not the same people saying she was a fraud now. and some people never bought into the hype. Also, she was clearly, very clearly, not 'once ever' and not the greatest. she was brutalized twice during her 'peak'.
You do have a valid point. The people praising her before aren't the same people shitting on her now. The crazy thing to me was how many elite fighters, commentators etc. said her striking was elite level.

You do have a valid point. The people praising her before aren't the same people shitting on her now. The crazy thing to me was how many elite fighters, commentators etc. said her striking was elite level.
true, it was crazy. but the ronda gifs with her striking being mocked were around since before the holm fight. I think the people who could actually tell the difference knew she was very rudimentary with her striking. fighters and coaches are often part of the hype machine too...

I don't know how PED's can tarnish your legacy. Are there actually people out there that think any of the champions are natural?
Didn't say I agree.

But no one can say Silva faded because of his losses to Weidman they usually bring up his drug tests.

To me personally it don't matter prime Silva does what he did on drugs or no drugs, he's a top 3 GOAT

Didn't say I agree.

But no one can say Silva faded because of his losses to Weidman they usually bring up his drug tests.

To me personally it don't matter prime Silva does what he did on drugs or no drugs, he's a top 3 GOAT
I agree Silva is absolutely top 3 GOAT. But look how many people are claiming Mighty Mouse is the GOAT now. Just cause it's your time now, doesn't mean it's gonna be your time in 3 years. Everybody thinks the modern fighters are the best because they beat some of the old timers who were way past their prime. I honestly think the ufc was more competitive from 2011-2014 than it is today. I think a prime Anderson merk's Weidman worse than he did Bonnar

I agree Silva is absolutely top 3 GOAT. But look how many people are claiming Mighty Mouse is the GOAT now. Just cause it's your time now, doesn't mean it's gonna be your time in 3 years. Everybody thinks the modern fighters are the best because they beat some of the old timers who were way past their prime. I honestly think the ufc was more competitive from 2011-2014 than it is today. I think a prime Anderson merk's Weidman worse than he did Bonnar
Fedor, Silva GSP, Jones and Aldo are all way ahead of Mighty Mouse in terms of greatness in my opinion.

Silva was making easy work of Weidman before A. he got cocky and silly almost like he wanted to lose and B. he broke his leg which weren't his fault.

Rashad Evans is 22-2
giphy.gif

Back