Just noticed Cynthia Calvillo is fighting again at UFC 210, 36 days after her last fight

Tramero

50-0 Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
20170303072006_IMG_5477.JPG

Is this a new record in the UFC? (Excluding tournaments where you usually fight the same day, ie UFC 1, 2...)

PS Inb4 who

20170303072006_IMG_5477.JPG

Is this a new record in the UFC? (Excluding tournaments where you usually fight the same day, ie UFC 1, 2...)
No I think Cowboy and Masvidal(going into their fight together) Were 30 some odd days out from their last fights. Matt Brown and Ellenberger respectively.

I think Uriah Faber is her manager so yeah

Ya we are truly blessed, hopefully she can fight on every PPV main card from here on out.

Cowboy fought on 15 days notice between the Jury and Henderson fights.:rolleyes:

No I think Cowboy and Masvidal(going into their fight together) Were 30 some odd days out from their last fights. Matt Brown and Ellenberger respectively.

No, they fought after more than 36 days

But checking resumes I also noticed Cerrone fought in a 15 days range, Jury-Bendo

Last edited:
Another one of those relevant 115 lb WMMA fights in that talent stacked division. 4-0 vs 6-1. Not the first time records like that have fought in that super stacked division.

No, they fought after more than 36 days

But checking resumes I also noticed Cerrone fought in a 15 days range, Jury-Bendo
I assume you were quoting me. Hmmm...I guess I didn't go back to check. But they both were coming off a quick turn around. But yes, I forgot about the 15 days.

chas skelly fought twice in14 days back in 2014

Another one of those relevant 115 lb WMMA fights in that talent stacked division. 4-0 vs 6-1. Not the first time records like that have fought in that super stacked division.

Calvillo is 11-1 (if you include amateur fights which you should - pro opportunities for women are limited - its easier to get paid as a guy)

Gonzalez was fighting in Pankration aged 12

both are plenty experienced

I would say those two Leben fights were him at his best

Wmma

Fights mean nothing

I would say those two Leben fights were him at his best

he had such momentum there. Especially given that SImpson was no pushover and Sexyama fight was a classic FOTN competitive bout.

Stann then stomped him, but that fight was followed by his quick knockout of Wandy. So really he had three of his most notable victories in a four-fight span.

What really freaks me out in terms of sheer timeline is that Leben retired in December 2013. Does not seem that long ago.

Big Calvillo fan here. Watched all her amateur and pro fights prior to ABC bout and that win over Cooper was a great way to break into the UFC. I'm pulling for her big time. Hoping for another good performance and win.

Leben fought Akiyama like two weeks after he beat Aaron Simpson and won. Epic

Back