Luke Rockhold & Bisping on GSP fight, Werdum callout

Bisping making sense.

"I don't need to call out any heavyweights. I got everyone's manager calling me up trying to fight me."

Why is that Mr Bisping?

I give him a good chance of beating GSP just because he´s much bigger, but no way he gets past Romero AND Jacare.

I give him a good chance of beating GSP just because he´s much bigger, but no way he gets past Romero AND Jacare.

Does Yoel KO him or try to wrestle him?

Bisping is a very technical striker, while Yoel throws long loopy overhand rights.

Also, Bisping's takedown defense is legit.

Why haven't I heard anything from GSP?

Did he just try to void his old contract to get his rights to his image back and had no intention to fight or is there a legit reason for the delay?

Bisping is a very technical striker, while Yoel throws long loopy overhand rights.

I think the fight would be a lot like the Kennedy fight. Explode with strikes and go for the takedown. And pound him out.
fS7FHAj.gif

Lol at the last part of the vid.

He KO'd better strikers and took down way better wrestlers
Bisping won't be a problem at all for him

Bispings first point - that Rockhold would be fighting a big fight with GSP if he'd just won - is wrong, and everyone knows it.

Bisping is a more technical striker, but Yoel is the more powerful, dangerous striker. And Bisping has solid takedown defense, but it's not elite by an means. If Yoel wants Bisping on the ground, then he'll be on the ground. Bisping's only clear advantage is cardio. I'd say his most plausible path the victory is to survive long enough for Yoel to slow down, then work for a late finish. Not very likely, but certainly not impossible.

Bisping is a more technical striker, but Yoel is the more powerful, dangerous striker. And Bisping has solid takedown defense, but it's not elite by an means. If Yoel wants Bisping on the ground, then he'll be on the ground. Bisping's only clear advantage is cardio. I'd say his most plausible path the victory is to survive long enough for Yoel to slow down, then work for a late finish. Not very likely, but certainly not impossible.

Of course his TDD is elite. He might not have the number one TDD in the division, but it's clearly elite level.

Of course his TDD is elite. He might not have the number one TDD in the division, but it's clearly elite level.
Disagree. It's solid, but certainly not elite. In the past 3 years, over the span of 8 fights, only 4 fighters officially attempted takedowns against Bisping (Hendo, Leites, Dolloway, Kennedy). All 4 of them succeeded in taking Bisping down. Kennedy took him down 5 times.

Bisping certainly makes his opponents work for the takedown. But his defense isn't even close to elite. If Yoel wants him on the ground, he'll be on the ground.

Disagree. It's solid, but certainly not elite. In the past 3 years, over the span of 8 fights, only 4 fighters officially attempted takedowns against Bisping (Hendo, Leites, Dolloway, Kennedy). All 4 of them succeeded in taking Bisping down. Kennedy took him down 5 times.

Bisping certainly makes his opponents work for the takedown. But his defense isn't even close to elite. If Yoel wants him on the ground, he'll be on the ground.

In the sport of MMA, in the top organisation in the world, with a record like his against the opponents he has fought, he is elite.

In the sport of MMA, in the top organisation in the world, with a record like his against the opponents he has fought, he is elite.
Nice attempt at changing the subject. The question isn't whether Bisping is elite. You stated that his TDD is elite, which it obviously isn't.

Nice attempt at changing the subject. The question isn't whether Bisping is elite. You stated that his TDD is elite, which it obviously isn't.
I haven't changed the subject - I just provided the context for my statement.

In the sport of MMA, in the top organisation in the world, with a record like his against the opponents he has fought, his TDD is elite.

I haven't changed the subject - I just provided the context for my statement.

In the sport of MMA, in the top organisation in the world, with a record like his against the opponents he has fought, his TDD is elite.
Sounds like your position is that if someone has success in the UFC, then they are elite in every aspect of MMA. I think you miss the point of the word "elite." Obviously his TDD defense is elite as compared to regular humans. But it's certainly not elite when compared to UFC fighters. Just like when people talk about who the elite quarterbacks in the NFL are, the list is very short. Obviously the 15th best quarterback is elite compared to you and me, but he is not elite within the NFL context.

Many UFC MWs have better TDD than Bisping. He's not elite at any individual aspect of MMA. His success is due to the fact that he's well rounded; he's good at all aspects of the sport, but obviously not elite at any. And you're overstating his success against top competition. Bisping has always been known as the guy who loses against top competition. He only has one win over an elite opponent -- Luke. No hate on Bisping, because he's a good UFC fighter, but the truth is the truth.

Sounds like your position is that if someone has success in the UFC, then they are elite in every aspect of MMA. I think you miss the point of the word "elite." Obviously his TDD defense is elite as compared to regular humans. But it's certainly not elite when compared to UFC fighters.

I couldn't read any further than that.

i hate that tongue thing bisping does when he talks lol its like legit something a sperg would do

I, for one, would like to see a rubbermatch between these two.. But Bisping won't have it. If he lost to GSP or Yoel, it'd make sense to me. They are 1-1. Both dominant victories for both, but I think Luke would starch Mike the 3rd time around like he did the first. I always thought Luke had all the talent in the world but his arrogance would be his downfall. With more respect for Bisping this time around I think he'd choke the shit out of him again.. Too bad we probably won't ever get to see it.

Back