Jorge Masvidal predicts finish of Demian Maia at UFC 211

Tom Taylor

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Here's an article pulled from Jorge Masvidal's interview on last night's episode of BJ Penn Radio.

In the article, he gives Maia props for accepting the fight, talks a bit about who he's been training with, and predicts the outcome of the fight (predicts a finish).

Enjoy!

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/excl...iction-for-ufc-211-showdown-with-demian-maia/

Jorge-Masvidal2.png

Masvidal has the best TDD out of everyone Maia fought so far. Should be good. If Masvidal wins I think it will be like Rory did.

If Maia can't get him down, Jorge will pick him apart.

This fight has a few similarities with a potential but now probably never happening Conor-Khabib match up.

Maia has to get this to the mat or he is fucked. And Masvidal has to keep it standing. But Maia does not have the wrestling of Khabib and will really struggle for TDs imo. I am picking Masvidal here. A finish is quite possible imo if he can keep it on the feet. He has excellent hands and Maia has not the best striking defense.

Really an interesting match up. Looking forward to it.

Hoping Maia wins. But it won't be easy.

This fight has a few similarities with a potential but now probably never happening Conor-Khabib match up.

Maia has to get this to the mat or he is fucked. And Masvidal has to keep it standing. But Maia does not have the wrestling of Khabib and will really struggle for TDs imo. I am picking Masvidal here. A finish is quite possible imo if he can keep it on the feet. He has excellent hands and Maia has not the best striking defense.

Really an interesting match up. Looking forward to it.
I don't see how this fight is similar to Khabib vs McGregor.
Jorge has the ability to keep it standing because he has decent TDD.
McGregor had no chance of keeping it from going to the ground.

LOL @ Masvidal giving Maia "props" for accepting the fight. Big win off a known choker and his head is amped. Eventually, this fight will end up in a clinch or close enough proximity for Maia to drag Masvidal down,Maia is going to strangle Masvidal

Masvidal has the best TDD out of everyone Maia fought so far. Should be good. If Masvidal wins I think it will be like Rory did.

His tdd is so good that Cruickshank, Benson, Healy, Khabilov, Larkin, and even pearson landed takedowns on him. Most of those guys were Lightweights, too. Fucking Goat TDD right there.

Colby covington and Nathan Coy are not going to prepare you for Maia.

i actually thought masvidal had a great chance in this fight, i was even thinking about leaning toward him, but after reading how confident he is that he could outposition maia anywhere, im starting to think hes going to make a silly choice.
Here's an article pulled from Jorge Masvidal's interview on last night's episode of BJ Penn Radio.

In the article, he gives Maia props for accepting the fight, talks a bit about who he's been training with, and predicts the outcome of the fight (predicts a finish).

Enjoy!

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/excl...iction-for-ufc-211-showdown-with-demian-maia/

Jorge-Masvidal2.png

Better then thinking he will be getting choked and feeling like his eyes balls are popping out of his head

I like Masvidal but he shouldn't have got this matchup. Hoping Maia dominates and finally gets a chance at the title

Back