Ok.. Someone has to say it, so i will

Sigmafight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yoel Romero is being waaayy too overhyped by you guys on here lately

The dude is solid, but cmon now..

He's a very unrefined striker, and i gotta say his wrestling is overrated in MMA.

There are other rasslers who make it look much more effortless, who don't just randomly get taken down all the time, who dominate in the clinch way more than he does, etc.

He has no gasstank either.

Honestly, take away his freak athleticism and what are you left with?

Not trashing the guy at all, he's definitely top tier at the moment, but objectively speaking you guys gotta pull it back a bit, you're way over the top lately and it's starting to get annoying now, mentioning him in every thread, in every fantasy matchup as some kind of ultimate trump card

30803959.jpg

8-0 in the ufc, beat Weidman, Jacare,Machida, Kennedy, has 5 3rd round finishes =shit gas tank and overrated?

his MMA wrestling isn't amazing, he has failed with his TDD on multiple occasions and his takedowns don't have 100% accuracy. but he isn't overrated. KOd 2 former champs and he still hasn't had a title shot

Rockhold will end the hype

Dude is top 3 material and likely the next champ. Wins most of his fights in brutal fashion.

Not sure why he WOULDN"T be hyped tbh.

Tell that to the choir of guys that beat him.
Wait, that was a solo, years ago

i don't think anyone is confusing him with Fedor.

i think everyone is saying that after beating a handful of top 10ers and top 5ers, it's ludicrous that a top 15er and a retired WW get shots.

and yes, beating a handful of top 10ers and top 5ers makes him a very good fighter at his weight.

the other side of the coin is, he almost lost his fight with Jacare, and his fight with Kennedy. but he didn't. lucky for him, Jacare was more tired after receiving that 1st round beating than he was giving the beating, and he eked out round 2 on a few scorecards.

regardless, only being a tad bit better than other top 5ers in the most top heavy era the division has ever had says a lot.

YHonestly, take away his freak athleticism and what are you left with?

So, take away the thing that's winning him fights and "what are you left with?"

That's like saying "take away Machida's Karate, and what are you left with?"

He's not really being hyped as anything more than a clear #1 contender.

Good fighter, pretty blatant cheater.

He has no gasstank either.
Your ignorance is truly amazing.

Romero has fought 8 times in the UFC. Of those 8 fights, he's finished 6 of them. Of his 6 finishes in the UFC, all of them have been in the 3rd round.

But please, continue telling us about how "he has no gasstank [sic] either"

8-0 in the ufc, beat Weidman, Jacare,Machida, Kennedy, has 5 3rd round finishes =shit gas tank and overrated?
That fact that nobody is calling him the GOAT on here means he's seriously underrated. Whenever somebody gets 1 win people on here start calling them them the GOAT.

Yeah he doesn't have great boxing or kicks really. It's all about his athletism, timing and power. Great fight iq and great wrestling. I think he loses to kelvin and jacare in a rematch. Beatas everyone else atm.

p4p most exciting fighter 185+ right now

what a shit thread

*insert stupid gif for likes here*

Your ignorance is truly amazing.

Romero has fought 8 times in the UFC. Of those 8 fights, he's finished 6 of them. Of his 6 finishes in the UFC, all of them have been in the 3rd round.

But please, continue telling us about how "he has no gasstank [sic] either"

Hating on Yoel means you hate Jesus. Why would anyone want to hate on Yoel and Jesus?

Yoel Romero = lazy, slow, inconsistent
YOLO Romero = can never be overhype's third round world beater extraordinaire

Yeah he doesn't have great boxing or kicks really. It's all about his athletism, timing and power. Great fight iq and great wrestling. I think he loses to kelvin and jacare in a rematch. Beatas everyone else atm.

He's fun to watch. Especially when he looks gassed, digs deeper, and puts these clowns to sleep.

Again, not saying he isn't top tier, or should be fighting for the title

I'm saying a certain bandwagon is blind to all critique, and over the top with praises, and starting to get annoying.

Starting to get flashbacks over here..

"Ooh dude platinum mike gary #1p4p best eva" - gets schooled by male model

"dude, ronda rousey could beat a lot of guys" - need i say anything?

etc, etc

+ it's just great fun to see you guys' reaction :D

puppetmaster.gif

So, take away the thing that's winning him fights and "what are you left with?"

That's like saying "take away Machida's Karate, and what are you left with?"
It isn't. That would be a measure of skill, something he has earned

But ty for admitting that he only wins fights due to being lucky genetically, my point exactly

Back