Can MMA ever have another star as big as Conor McGregor?

SocialJusticeFighter

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I feel as if all future stars will always be looking up to The Notorious, like he's set the standard forever.

I don't think it's possible for MMA to ever have another star on his level. He's just too big. This presents a big problem for the UFC knowing no matter how hard they try they will never have another Conor.

He is the biggest name in combat sports, "a once in a life time athlete" as said by the great Joe Rogan. There can't possibly be another Conor.

Will they continue to encourage champs to avoid title defenses is a better question.

Another shit thread from a shit poster.

Conor bless.

Not possible because if someone was coming up Conor would just knock him out

We need mods to start banning people who make threads like these

If you mean a 2 div UFC champ who's never defended a title and now wants to box. No.

Yeah, look at where Ronda was a year and a half ago and look at her now.

Big stars come and go, and that's why the way WME has been matchmaking is going to come back and bite them on the ass.

Rousey was a bigger star. I mean I could talk to an old lady on the street about Ronda but she wouldn't know who Conor is.

Let's hope not. You give a mouse a cookie and he is gonna want a glass of milk. Dana white gave bum conor a chance to make something of his life and Conor obviously is not a loyal person and will stab anyone in the back if it serves him right. It is hilarious though cause dana white is a tool and he has to be kicking himself for creating the monster that is Conor. First DW loved all that money at the big gates but now he can't control his monster anymore and Conor is running loose like a drunken irish lunatic. Such a horrible influence for the sport of MMA. He basically took Chael's cute and funny act and then fused it with scumbag Mayweather's act. Then he gets another mans tattoos all over his body and yeah i cant go on, conor is a fucking joke and it makes me sick.

Rousey was bigger.

yep, rousey is definitely fatter

7SA4fpS1.jpg

Ronda cause of the whole "I can beat Mayweather" schtick but Holly and Nunes killed her...

Screw this "big star" horseshit.
How about "champs that defend belts, like they're SUPPOSED TO" ?
Why would anybody support a "champ" that seeks out every fight BUT the contender?

Back