Chael Sonnen on boxer that sparred Conor allegedly saying he cant beat Floyd

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Well no shit but still Chael is atleast saying some rational stuff on the matter

I agree with the opinion

But chael is a bellator man now, so this isn't a matter of him speaking truth but just bullshitting a new narrative

If he was still in UFC and on fox he would be talking about Conor koing floyd

meh.

a) no, i don't think it's "brave" of Conor to fight a boxer for a few dozen million instead of mma players for a few million each.
b) no, i don't think Floyd has to win in under 3 minutes or it's a Conor victory, even if he loses the bout.

then it was 3 minutes in and i went on to other stuff.

Hope Conor gives me $$ to Sonnen and Schaub for hype train. Can't wait for this fight to be over

Lol at calling this a thing of courage. Find me a guy who would not jump in there for that kind of money.

Chael points out that Conor has nothing to lose and still calls it a act of courage. 50+ million dollars or probably a lot more and nobody with common sense expects you to do good.

And Floyd will not put him away in one round. Mainly because he won't try though. He will drag this out and dance around Conor until he feels like going for the finish. Plus he is not a power punching finishing machine. So it will probably take a while.

This does not mean that this will be a hit on boxing imo. It will be embarassing for the MMA guy, early KO or not.

its more like a racketball champ beating tennis champ in tennis

Lol at calling this a thing of courage. Find me a guy who would not jump in there for that kind of money.

Chael points out that Conor has nothing to lose and still calls it a act of courage. 50+ million dollars or probably a lot more and nobody with common sense expects you to do good.

And Floyd will not put him away in one round. Mainly because he won't try though. He will drag this out and dance around Conor until he feels like going for the finish. Plus he is not a power punching finishing machine. So it will probably take a while.

This does not mean that this will be a hit on boxing imo. It will be embarassing for the MMA guy, early KO or not.
This.

Wasn't Conor Mcgregor all shook when some MMA fighter got seriously injured or killed or something? He was talking about retirement and shit? Now he wants to box with the best which is proven to be a much more dangerous sport, padded gloves gives you the illusion of not being hurt as much, a knockout punch in MMA put's you out, that same punch with boxing gloves on and you're still standing and absorbing more and more.

If boxers knew how to beat Floyd one of them would have done it by now, ridiculous.

the world is fucked up in 2017. i feel like the general population's head is filled with mush these days.

cant yall see you are being played? conor is courageous for accepting an 8 figure pay check? what the fuck is going on

Chael's not wrong, but this isn't new insight or anything. Everyone knows Conor won't beat Floyd in boxing.

It's completely ridiculous comparing it to some guy off the street beating lebron or tiger woods or whoever. It's so disingenuous and fucking retarde to say that shit. Not even close.

No one is getting finished in this fight. Conor would need to but it won't happen. Floyd is just gonna dance around piece Conor up safely and play the ring rust card en route to a lack luster win. Conor will say he hung in there with the greatest boxer of his generation. Everyone gets paid big. Everyone wins. Joke fight for suckers.

It will be pretty embarassing for Mayweather and the sport of boxing in general if he fails to finish Conor.

No one is getting finished in this fight. Conor would need to but it won't happen. Floyd is just gonna dance around piece Conor up safely and play the ring rust card en route to a lack luster win. Conor will say he hung in there with the greatest boxer of his generation. Everyone gets paid big. Everyone wins. Joke fight for suckers.

Why would Mayweather not go for the finish..?

Why would Mayweather not go for the finish..?
He could I just don't see it. It's probably his last fight. He's getting paid big. Conor poses zero legitimate threat in this match up besides sloppy power. Being overly aggressive is his only chance at fucking this fight up (which he is too smart to do). He can piece Conor up without much work. Conor gets hit often by mma fighters. Floyd rarely gets touched by world class boxers. A victory will take very little effort on Floyd's part.

He could I just don't see it. It's probably his last fight. He's getting paid big. Conor poses zero legitimate threat in this match up besides sloppy power. Being overly aggressive is his only chance at fucking this fight up (which he is too smart to do). He can piece Conor up without much work. Conor gets hit often by mma fighters. Floyd rarely gets touched by world class boxers. A victory will take very little effort on Floyd's part.

I see your point, but don't you think Mayweather has something to prove in this fight? People will laugh at him if he can't even manage to finish an amateur boxer.

Back