name a former champ as resilient as JDS

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If you look at the current landscape hes basically the only former champ that has climbed his way back to a title shot and is hungry for the belt again. Jds is such a treasure, dude gets clobbered by cain twice and sticks around to work his way back to a title shot while most former champs have their souls taken and never achieve greatness again, see Pettis, Bendo, Lyoto, Cain, hendricks.....

Lyoto? After getting KO'd by Shogun he worked his way to a title shot vs Jones, lost brutally and went on to earn a shot vs Weidman and gave him a good fight.

I would say he fits the type of guy you are looking for. Just not today.

Last edited:
Jds is a likeable fighter. I hope he gets the belt again, but if he doesn't I won't be shocked. Those 2 fights with cain might have taken a couple of years off his life.

Bj penn... still trying. siver just the beginning
bet your house!

Cain shouldn't be here

And he got a title shot with only 1 win. Reem who beat him is doing more work to get a shot again.

How about Robbie Fuckin' Lawler?

Micheal Buddeh' Bisping?

Climbs towards the belt count as well.

I just want to add that a big part of JDS resiliency has been that he evolved his style to a more movement based boxing style that will help his career last longer because he won't take the level of damage he endured earlier in his career. Hopefully it will help him regain the UFC HW Title against Stipe.

If you look at the current landscape hes basically the only former champ that has climbed his way back to a title shot and is hungry for the belt again. Jds is such a treasure, dude gets clobbered by cain twice and sticks around to work his way back to a title shot while most former champs have their souls taken and never achieve greatness again, see Pettis, Bendo, Lyoto, Cain, hendricks.....
Whoosh! Dow down, aren't we still in the Machida Era?

Lyoto? After getting KO'd by Shogun he worked his way to a title shot vs Jones, lost brutally and went on to earn a shot vs Weidman and gave him a good fight.

II would say he fits the type of guy you are looking for. Just not today.

Lol at worked his way to a title shot vs Jones when he got it being 1-2 in his last three and that only win being Couture`s retirement fight.

Bj penn... still trying. siver just the beginning
bet your house!
BJ GOAT, I still believe mother fuckers, I still believe!

1dbf9900185d36b60f681188a845b897.jpg

Jon Jones has survived oppression from the law and a drug addiction, and is on the road back to the title.

GSP has survived Alien invasion into his dreams, and dark thoughts, and he is on the road back to a title.

Miesha won the premiere WBW title in the world twice, once when it was in Strikeforce and once in the UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back