every few years the champions get flushed out aside from MM

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
and Bones I guess. Here is to MM for being the only guy to hold on to his belt thru multiple title defenses. He doesnt get the hespect he deserves and truth be told I respect the guy but im not a huge fan of his fights but I have to give it up to him. Every other champion has been turned over within the span of a few years and yet MM is still champ barely breaking a sweat in the process. I made myself a promise to give MM more of a chance this year and to really sit and watch greatness because this guy is a once in a generation type of talent. I wish he had some legends to fight to really carve out his piece of mma history, thats like the only knock on the guy. His division has ZERO legends and zero all time greats.

Every great fighter needs great rivals. Whether they beat up on yesterday's legends, take on popular contenders or have back and forth wars. No one is really interested in MM's fights because no one really cares about who he is fighting.

Plus being that small is borderline freak show.

Imagine if he was marketable like Conor, he'd be so loaded.

Mighty Mouse is about to get Rockholded. Reis bless.

Every year the divisions get deeper and better except for FLW

Every great fighter needs great rivals. Whether they beat up on yesterday's legends, take on popular contenders or have back and forth wars. No one is really interested in MM's fights because no one really cares about who he is fighting.

Plus being that small is borderline freak show.

Real fans care about who he fights and know who he fights. You fair weather shit stains are the problem and you are the majority.

That'll change over time as the sport evolves and you shit fans die out.

MM and Jones came along much later. Other champs were winding down.

GSP, Fedor, and Anderson were on top for a long time.
BJ was on top of LW for a long time.

Bagautinov, Cariaso, Horiguchi, Moraga, Reis.

Is why I have Jones ahead of MM on the P4P list.

Aldo is about to go for his 10th title defense.

MM is everything you could want in a champ. Versatile, active, hard working, finishes fights, dominant, humble, a family man. Truly a once in a lifetime fighter and im greatful to be able to watch him in his prime. Its amazing how just because of his size alone he doesn't get the respect he deserves. You would never see something like this in Boxing were so many all time greats and the most respected fighters there are Lightweight (140) and below. MMA "fans" are something else.

props to him for beating Benavidez twice, but his division ends right there so as much as he really is a talented guy thats about it

he wont get the respect he deserves unfortunately because he is 125lbs

that's how much boys weigh in junior high

his skills are amazing though

I love to watch MM fight. Only thing is he's so damn fast you can't see half the stuff he does.

He doesnt get the hespect he deserves ut his piece of mma history, thats like the only knock on the guy. His division has ZERO legends and zero all time greats.

Look at his last title defense,Tim Elliott.

-The guy is 2-5 in the UFC, two-fucking-five. He was cut at 2-4.
-He's only appeared once in a UFC main card, losing to Bagautinov.
-After being cut by the UFC,he's got his tittle shot in a crappy reality show not many give a fuck anymore and has zero credibility, representing a third tier promotion.

How you expect the average MMA fan to be excited about MM's fights, no matter how good or dominant he might be?

props to him for beating Benavidez twice, but his division ends right there so as much as he really is a talented guy thats about it

He finished Cejudo in the first, and the Benavidez-Cejudo fight should've been a draw due to the nut kick, with Henry winning without it.

Real fans care about who he fights and know who he fights. You fair weather shit stains are the problem and you are the majority.

That'll change over time as the sport evolves and you shit fans die out.

I've been a fan of MMA since Vale Tudo and open weight were still things. I watch Kickboxing and Muay Thai (I've seen the Nak Muays go at in Lumpinee stadium). I watch some of the big boxing fights, a few BJJ matchs plus some Judo and Wrestling in the Olympics. I doubt I'm going to die out anytime soon buddeh'.

I respect MM and what he can do but I've never been particularly excited for a mighty mouse fight.

You can sit there and pretend like watching 5 foots dudes zooming around the cage with endless cardio and watching guys in the division smash each other with full blown hay makers but recover because of a lack of size/power is super entertaining, but for me (and the majority of fight fans), it's not the best MMA has to offer. This is reflected in PPV buys.

If MM want's to hit GOAT status he needs to challenge for the 135 belt, preferably against another dominate champion. It's what people need to get their blood pumping.

Look at his last title defense,Tim Elliott.

-The guy is 2-5 in the UFC, two-fucking-five. He was cut at 2-4.
-He's only appeared once in a UFC main card, losing to Bagautinov.
-After being cut by the UFC,he's got his tittle shot in a crappy reality show not many give a fuck anymore and has zero credibility, representing a third tier promotion.

How you expect the average MMA fan to be excited about MM's fights, no matter how good or dominant he might be?
And he struggled against 2-5 Elliot. Couldn't finish him and resorted to lay and Pray if I remember correctly, which I probably didn't because his fights are boring as hell finish or no finish.

Even if you nitpick DJ's title defences, the alternate is champions who can't hold onto their past a weekend.

And he struggled against 2-5 Elliot. Couldn't finish him and resorted to lay and Pray if I remember correctly, which I probably didn't

That's right you don't. 1st round was a hold your breath moment and DJ didn't get the finish, but he dominated rounds 2-5, constantly improved position, attempted many submissions, and ground and pounded lots, often from the crucifix.

Back