A natural WW moves up to MW = suicide

Andy Anderson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand why people complain about GSP not moving up to challenge Anderson Silva. Some WWs are big enough to fight at MW like anthony johnson. GSP is just too small. fighting an old bisping is ok, fighting a prime silva is committing suicide

I think for the most part people just wanted to see GSP get KTFO.

Yeah that reasoning explains why Anderson who had at one time fought at WW never moved up to LHW.....oh wait.....

Size would not have been the decisive factor in a hypothetical Anderson vs GSP matchup at MW.

Look at your AV. Igor didn't give a fuck that he was outsized at HW....

With your AV I'm really not sure how you've missed the fact that Anderson Silva HIMSELF moved from WW to MW....

Last edited:
I don't get the problem people have with GSP not fighting Anderson. The guy was a defending champion and had a non-stop list of contenders. He always stuck to the same position on it, he didn't want to move up to MW until he was ready leave WW for good and stay at MW, but he would fight Anderson if Anderson moved down. What's wrong with that?

Now, his situation is entirely different. He isn't the champ. He isn't interested in fighting a list of contenders. He's back for money fights only.

Anderson Silva at one point was ranked the #1 WW in the world actually

Some WWs are big enough to fight at MW like anthony johnson

Rumble barely made MW lol

BPnbvfz.jpg

I miss gsp, I can't wait for the return. He has the skills to be successful at mw and size I feel will be a small issue for him. Kelvin Gastelum is a good example

GSP, Hendricks, Lombard, Gastellum and Woodley would be better suited for 175/180 division.

GSP ducked The Spider big time.

It would've been the biggest super fight ever and he didn't want to risk it. He had a clear path to victory with his grappling as well, it's not even a horrible match up for him.

Lame.

It's not suicide, but even if skill is equal, the bigger guy has an advantage.

I wouldn't want to be Gastelum or Whittaker having to face Romero or Jacare. Hell, even Rockhold is huge (wink).

This is correct. They have no answer when you ask why Silva never even hinted at fighting Jones at LHW.

I can't understand why anyone would want to see anyone knocked the fuck out unless they were a real asshole or cheater. Definitely don't understand why anyone would want to see GSP KO'd.

Even with his boring ass style, I would have been a GSP fan for life if he moved up for JUST ONE FIGHT. But... just like his style, he takes 0 chances. How convenient that MW belt is now in the hands of a lifetime gatekeeper and he suddenly wants to fight up.

I don't understand why people complain about GSP not moving up to challenge Anderson Silva. Some WWs are big enough to fight at MW like anthony johnson. GSP is just too small. fighting an old bisping is ok, fighting a prime AND ROIDED silva is committing suicide

FIXED.

Also, the Rumble example is horrible.

Back