• Benson Henderson: $26,000 ($13,000 win bonus) def. Donald Cerrone: $14,000
  • Manvel Gamburyan: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Mike Brown: $21,000
  • Shane Roller: $28,000 ($14,000 win bonus) def. Anthony Njokuani: $7,000
  • Scott Jorgensen: $21,000 ($10,500 win bonus) def. Antonio Banuelos: $7,000
  • Leonard Garcia: $28,000 ($14,000 win bonus) def. Chan Sung Jung: $5,000
  • Anthony Pettis: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Alex Karalexis: $10,000
  • Brad Pickett: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Demetrious Johnson: $3,000
  • Chad Mendes: $8,500 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Anthony Morrison: $4,000
With another thread talking about WEC i was curious how about this card. And damn these guys have come a longggg way.

BTW that is a stacked card!

DJ making 3,000 to fight Brad pickett....

A lot of fans like to complain about the UFC, me included, but pay has come so damn far and its far better to be a low or mid level fighter in the ufc than outside of it.

Last edited:
I'd be more interested to see these payouts as a percentage of revenue. Who knows if this is high or low as far as the proportion of event revenue paid out to the fighters?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more interested to see these payouts as a percentage of revenue. Who knows if this is high or low as far as the proportion of event revenue paid out to the fighters.

In some way this makes sense....

On the other hand, if fighter get's 3 fucking thousands, has to spend half of it on training and shit.... Then how exactly does the fact that promoter is almost equally buttpoor help him?

I'd be more interested to see these payouts as a percentage of revenue. Who knows if this is high or low as far as the proportion of event revenue paid out to the fighters.
I guess to me its beside the point. Some of these guys are to good to be making so little even back then. I realize the event can only pay so much, but the pay still sucks.

In some way this makes sense....

On the other hand, if fighter get's 3 fucking thousands, has to spend half of it on training and shit.... Then how exactly does the fact that promoter is almost equally buttpoor help him?

I agree. $3,000 is peanuts, but if the promoter can't earn a reasonable return on their investment, then there would be no promotion for the fighter to fight in at all. They can't give big payouts when all they basically have is (limited) gate revenue.

WEC's minimum pay is still 4 times higher than Bellator. Coker is a piece of shit.

A lot guys who are big names now but were not so much then. Those payouts probably was the best that could be expected at that time in that org. Yes those fighters have come a long way. Looking back we can be shocked and appalled at the pay. Remember there wasn't much a market at all for the small guys. I know a lot of people were not paying attention to them and some still are not but at least they have been rolled under the same umbrella with the big boys where they now share that stage. They've come up in pay and still have a ways to go.

Glad those days are over. Having the world's best fight for peanuts is just embarrassing.

57f0ca86a944bd197ad8ee68d98a3390.jpg

A lot of manlets on one card.

Dayum
Dana was right
This looks like Reebok money

Back